𝐎𝐍𝐄

𝐂𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐥 𝐆𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐬, 𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐚
𝐊𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐲𝐚 𝐋𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐚 𝐓𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐬

𝐂𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐥 𝐆𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐬, 𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐊𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐲𝐚 𝐋𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐚 𝐓𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐬

I sat in class and stared at the board with my head leaned against my fist. It was boring here and I was just tired. I wanted to go home. "Kataleya!" My spanish teacher, Ms.Rosa yelled.

"I'm paying attention.." I said lowly.

"Do you understand what's going on?" She asked, I nodded and sighed.

"Yes, I understand.." I said.

It seems like ever since my mother came up here and let my teachers know about my Autism, they would stop class for me just to see if I understand and I do.

These teachers don't know how Autism works. I can't pick up on Social Cues as fast as everyone else can. But that doesn't mean I don't understand my work, I'm actually very smart.

I want to work in a hospital. I want to be a Doctor or a Surgeon but everybody is treating me like I can't understand my work, and that bothers me but I don't say anything. I don't speak, I just..think about it.

I wish I was more outspoken.

The bell rang and I sat there looking around before remembering class was over. I stood up and slid my notebook into my backpack before grabbing my phone.

"Alright class, homework is on Brightspace.." Ms.Rosa said, I nodded and walked out the room quickly.

I made my way down the hallway before bumping into Melanie. She was the girl I couldn't stand in school, she always started shit with me because she knew I wouldn't say anything.

"Watch out.." She said shoving me into someone else.

"I'm sorry.." I spoke lowly before running out the school towards my bus. I got onto the yellow bus and sat down next to my friend, Kareem.

"Hey Jareem.." I said smiling at him.

"Wassup Kat, what you going on?" He asked.

"Nothing, I'm about to go see what Momma's making for dinner before I go outside.." I said as the bus drove off.

"You gon bring me some back tomorrow?" He asked, I shrugged.

"I'll try if Kamiri doesn't have all his friends over.." I said rolling my eyes.

Kamiri is my step father who was heavy into the drug game. Him and my mom got married at the court, what a ghetto love story? I don't like him though. He always had his friends over eating our food and bothering me about the way I talk or the fact that I didn't talk at all.

"Kataleya, come on.." Mr.Brown, the bus manager said. I noticed it was my neighborhood so I stood up and waved goodbye to Jareem before walking off the bus.