Bryce x Jaden🌺

Love is Blind

The term "Love is Blind" always annoyed and confused Bryce. Love isn't blind, if you can actually see then love will never be blind. Your partners appearance will always have some affect on the relationship regardless of whether or not it's a big influence. 

It pissed him off even more when there was a TV show called  Love is Blind and it featured the most conventionally attractive people probably on the planet. If love was so blind then you would've had less attractive people on it. 

So great news for him when he actually went blind.

He was doing one of his vlog bits and Josh did something and full on wacked Bryce's eye. It had bruised and cut his eyes. After his eye stopped bleeding and Josh apologized profusely  for accidentally hurting his best-friend. The other Sway members asked him to go see a doctor.

He refused, he figured he'd be fine. Plus he had a bit of a fear of the doctors, and possibly having to get a surgery did not sound appealing to him.

He woke up the next morning with a swollen eye, he couldn't see out of it. When he checked in the mirror he looked to see the skin around his eye bruised up to the point where it was covering his eye.

Stupidly enough, he ignored it. 

The next day the swelling had gone down, his eye was open when he looked in the mirror, but he still couldn't see. He told Griffin and he demanded that Bryce go to the doctor. So he did. But Josh came with him, to ease his fear of the doctor and to drive him there.

The doctor did some tests and stuff and said that Bryce's eye had been infected by a cut, and it had swollen and made him blind in his right eye. Then he dropped the real bomb.

The infection had spread to his left eye, and he would go completely blind in a couple days to a week.

Somehow even this didn't really make Bryce scared. It should've, but you don't understand the gravity of the situation you're in until it actually happens.

____________________________________________________

Bryce woke up to darkness. Nothing. He couldn't tell if he was in a fever dream or he actually couldn't see. So he sat there in his covers, for a solid thirty minutes.

He heard the door open and a voice. He could tell it was Anthony's. "Bryce I made pancakes if you wanna come downstairs and get some". He just started sobbing.

This was real, it was happening. He was blind. He couldn't see anything, his friend was talking to him and he couldn't even see where he was standing at. 

Anthony called out for the guys and then sat on Bryce's bed. He couldn't hear the rest of his friends enter his room over his own sobs. He felt the indentations of six other people sitting on top of his bed. One of them grabbed his hand, rubbing small circles at the juncture between his index finger and thumb.

It just made him cry harder because he couldn't tell who it was.

No one had to say anything, they all knew what had happened.

Bryce ran his hand up the person arm, the one who was rubbing his hand. He trailed up his body, his arm, neck and then he felt the hair. It was permed, loose waves, Jaden. 

"Jaden right?" he mumbled softly through tears as he placed his hand back ontop of Jaden's.

"Yes, yes it's me. We'll help you through this"