part 2

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

The next week or two were filled with countless hours of playing. It almost became my daily routine; wake up, log on, and accept Player 2's lingering duo request.

After several sent gifts and bought emotes later, we had finally raised our friendship level to five. "Finally!" I exclaimed, before getting up from my now sticky chair.

I twirled and laughed, as I did silly dances around my cluttered room. "Oh god, remind me to never become a dancer." I spoke to myself.

Situating myself back atop my cushioned seat, I took a deep breath before opening up the side chat. Absolute clueless I was, since this guy was a total stranger to me.

"What do I say?" I thought, typing then deleting my messages.

There was nothing I knew about the mysterious stranger. To be honest, I don't even know their pronouns. I would be fine with any, but now I need to watch what I say.

After wasting a few short minutes of time, the response I had come up with was nothing extraordinary. My fingers moved rapidly, crossing over the assigned keys. "Hi."

I squealed, excited to see their personality. Though, I was immediately let down with a simple word. "Hey."

"What were you expecting, (Y/N)?" I bashed myself, before moving on.

Not knowing what to do, I sent over a heart emote. "That's a good omen, right?" I asked myself, confused if I made the right choice or not.

But I didn't, because the stranger immediately didn't pick up the feeling I was trying to mutualize. "Huh?" they asked, sending me into a downward spiral.

I just about fell on the floor, curling into a ball and whining loudly. "Oh, my, god."

My fingers moved slower, as I stayed paranoid about my words being tossed back. "You wanna join a lobby?" I requested nervously.

"Sure, okay." they accepted, then sending me a duo request.

I took another deep breath of air, as the awkward situation seemed to subside. Like usual, we played for countless hours, barely spending breaks in-between the lobbies we joined.

After partying up with this veteran player, my level and stats had peaked substantially. Now, I could just leave rounds on auto. Sometimes I needed to come in and do a combo with a few special moves, but that slowly grew uncommon.

My latest friend still refused to do any of the work, making me beat and hog all the rewards. I had no idea what they were thinking, but maybe it's for a good cause in the end. However, they just seem to enjoy the carried games.

Occasionally switching from one of my Chrome tabs and back to the game, I saw something that caught my eye. For the first time ever, my teammate did an emote after winning a round, following after me. "That's new." I thought.

"Where did you get that emote?" I asked, as the emote they used was old and rare.

"From the event." they responded, sending a shockwave throughout my body. That event happened about three years ago, and most veteran players were inactive.

I didn't even notice the sun finishing its cycle from outside, I was so focused on other tabs, while the game just ran in the background.

A startling growl of hunger brewed in my stomach, so before my teammate could start another round, I made sure to interrupt their winning spree. "Hang on for a second, BRB!" I typed, then being left on read.

As I made my way out from my bedroom, I watched as my teammate didn't respond. They just left me on read, yet they still listened to my words. Looking back at my screen with a smile, I made sure to not take too long as I trudged down to the kitchen.

"I don't know what I want.." I mumbled, scanning my fingertips over the wooden cabinets. My teammate was waiting, so I couldn't take too long. Quickly grabbing a packet of ohagi, I then dashed back into my bedroom.

My body nearly flung off the chair, as I got seated immediately. "Back." I typed, then opening my packet of red bean mochi. It was cheap, and you could find it at your local grocery market, but it was delicious.

I rested my feet atop my desk, taking big bites of the ohagi as the rounds ran on auto. Then, a small chime alerted my ears. "Why did you leave?" my teammate texted, a different question from their usual short-talk.

"Just to get food, but I'm back now." I responded, not thinking much about the situation.

"Food?" they typed back.

I leaned forward, and used one of my special moves to get us out of a tough spot, before continuing. "Yeah! You ever heard of ohagi?"

"Ohagi? That's nice." after my teammates response, another ding sounded in our ears. Our friendship level had increased, and was now barely scraping past six.

After finishing the bundle packet of mochi, I twisted my body to the side in order to toss the excess plastic into the bin. I could hear my chewing sounds travel from my mouth to my ears, making me giggle. "Good thing we aren't on a voice call." I said to myself.

The game's music was beginning to give me migraines, so I quickly switched over to another tab. I began to play my own songs, which deafened the repeating soundtrack of the game. Though, I left the volume low, in case of a notification or pop-up.

And that's exactly what happened, another pesky chime. My teammate had sent me another message, probably informing me that they were logging off for the night. However, what they said wasn't what I expected at all.

"What's your name?" they asked, finally a question so we can get to know each other more.

"Uhh, my name is (Y/N) (L/N)." I responded, hoping they would mutualize the situation and tell me theirs.

As case run its course, I came to a conclusion that they weren't going to tell me unless I asked, so that's exactly what I did. "How about you? What's your name?"

They were typing for a while, about five minutes maximum. In fact, they took so long to respond, my song went on for two loops before another chime rang my ears. Then, low and behold, they finally confessed their name.

"My name is Tomura Shigaraki." and that was all they said.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

authors note; AWW THIS PART WAS CUTEE

artwork by: xjudexisx on Twitter
words: 1096