part 3

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

"Well, I want to know more about you, Tomura Shigaraki." I thought, giggling to myself.

His name was masculine, so I could already guess that Tomura was a boy. I wondered if he was young, or old. "Does he have a favorite color?" I thought. For some odd reason, I wanted to know everything about my new friend.

However, we had been playing for majority of the day, and it was just about to hit two in the morning. My eyes were bloodshot, and my toes curled into the leather seat. I extended my arms, reaching towards the ceiling and stretching. "Time to log off for the night." I groaned.

I was planning to continue more round with Tomura, maybe play for another hour or so, but he had been AFK for the past five minutes. Reminding him in our chat, I typed. "Tomura, you there?"

"Stop acting like we're friends." he said, tossing me aback. This man was an asshole, that's for sure. His mood was constantly on and off, causing me to wonder what happened during those past five minutes.

"Sorry." I responded, not knowing what to say. My choices were in-between abruptly leaving, or telling him before I go.

"I'm gonna head off to bed. See you, maybe we can play tomorrow." I sighed, making my response quick. After sending the risky text, I immediately quit the game.

My room was freezing, and now that my focus wasn't directed towards a video game, it turned towards the temperature. Goosebumps arose from my skin, causing my legs to buckle and shake.

All of the lights were off, the room only being illuminated by the bright screen. If I continued to stare longer, there wasn't a doubt in my mind that I would develop some terrible form of headache.

The air conditioning was blasting, and was audibly loud. I lived alone, though, so I didn't find a place to worry about the noise. My collection of plushies and fabric dolls created shadows which lingered against the wall, causing me to grow uneasy.

Despite the slight scare, I quickly shut off my computer, and began to make my way towards my battered mattress. My body sank into the cushions, slowly being engulfed by the comforting warmth and soft fabric. "I should really start sleeping more." I thought to myself.

Flipping onto my back, my vision stayed glued to the popcorn ceiling. "Tomura Shigaraki.." I mumbled, constantly repeating those words.

"I bet he's just one of those no-life assholes. An incel at mininum." I giggled, before clouded thoughts of all the possibilities came into my head.

He could be a middle-aged man, one that pays to win for every game he installs. "With a long, crusty beard too?!"

"Hey now, (Y/N). Don't forget about the inflamed cheeks and ogre features."

My own jokes made me laugh, almost drawing tears from my eyes. I continued to ponder aimlessly about what he could look like, my mind accidentally envisioning the worst possible scenarios.

"Or, what if he's one of those losers? You know, the ones that are so braindead." none of this should matter to me, the man that I've only known for about a week shouldn't matter to me, but he did.

I gathered my stored energy, and sat my body upright atop the bed. "There you are!" I exclaimed, before reaching over the curve and picking up a Snorlax plushie.

Hugging the plushie tightly, I spoke to it like it was my own. "There is a chance though-"

"That he's one of those cuties! Aah, the ones that are really good at all types of games, and aren't complete assholes." I continued, kicking and flinging my legs up excitedly and rocking the bed.

"I mean, it's too late for that last part though. For sure, he's just a piss baby." I spoke, acting like the Snorlax could understand my words.

"My god, the bar is so low." I laughed at myself. For some odd reason, I had always found myself drawn towards these types of guys. Even though majority of them are assholes, I was infatuated with the idea of having a partner you could easily play video games with.

Soon enough, my eyelids fell heavy. Sticky liquid began to form around the corners of my eye, as I grew more tired by the minute. I quickly pulled the blankets over my body, my skin nuzzling into the stitches.

"Mom is advising me to get a job, but I really don't know. Of course, I don't want to continue to rely on her, but there's nothing I'm talented at." I sighed, holding the plushie closer to my beating heart.

I peeled my eyes open and began to think. "My quirk is too worthless to become a hero, and also too common. I'm also way old, you needa start young for that type of career."

"Knowing the category that Tomura fits into, I'd say he's a huge fan of heroes. Particularly All Might, every guy like that has a soft spot for him. I guess they have something in common, though."

"They all want to be number one, whether it be in games or in real life. However, barely any of them even scrape the top ten. It's kind of funny, to be honest." I continued.

I looked at the Snorlax, and pretended to hear its false words. "Do you like heroes?" the plushie asked, but in reality it was merely the work of my brain.

"Heroes? They're alright, this quirk thing still feels too surreal. I've never been saved by a hero, either, so I really don't have a strong opinion." I groaned, before stretching my arms and legs one more time.

"Anyways, we should probably get some sleep now." I said, hopelessly looking into the Snorlax plushie's stitched eyes.

Pulling it closer into my chest, the two of us were now covered in thick blankets. I yawned loudly, before finally shutting my eyes.

"Goodnight, I guess."

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

authors note; this was so hard to write it was basically me stalling and creating new ideas so i can reach 1000 words (my minimum) for the part 😭😭

but i'm really happy with the results, y/n's dialogue is cute (not me acting like i didn't write it)

artwork by: 4romeshi_taketa on Twitter
words: 1057