part 57

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

As my feet moved in front of another, dragging and scraping past the blackened concrete beneath my red sneakers, I took in a deep inhale of the fresh air. I faced my direction towards the street in front of me, the trimmed bushes and cedar trees which aligned the neighborhood ruffling in the breeze.

"I should come out here more often." I said to myself, happily twirling and dancing my way throughout the narrow sidewalk.

Since I was always bundled indoors, taking care of Tomura and supplying him with whatever need comes to mind, I never had time for myself anymore. When I finally sat down and decided to relax, Tomura would prance over like the little pest he is, and take control of my entire setup. Finally having a moment to replenish my lungs with clean air meant more than one would think.

I extended my hands outward toward the swirling grey clouds, trying to convince my stubborn head that I could do something else than just be smart. But none of that mattered, because I was stuck with a quirk that to me, was one of the most useless ones in existence.

From a distance I could see the glowing lights of our house, "Why is Tomura awake?" I asked myself. He probably got up to relieve himself in the bathroom, or just grab a snack from the downstairs kitchen. I turned around, locking the bar of our metal gate and approaching up the messy gravel path.

"(Y/N)." Tomura whispered, talking to me as I turned the lock of our front-door. "Thanks."

"Huh?" I tilted my head to the side, adjusting the grip my cloth bag had over my bruised shoulder.

Tomura sent a hiss of breath upwards below his bangs, blowing the stringy white hair to the side of his forehead. Underneath the shade of his pointy nose, I could make out a faint smile. "For the gifts, you didn't have to." he grinned.

"Anyways." Tomura continued, his sharp collarbones being exposed as his half-washed shirt slouched down and drooped over his chest. "Let's play a game."

He sent his cold hands forward, my fingers now locking with his. Tomura was acting different, my thoughts whirling in a vortex as we ran up the carpeted stairs. Knowing Tomura, I would've expected for him to charge the heavy grocery bag I had brought home, but he didn't even show the slightest peak of interest in it.

"Where's Almond and Cashew?" I asked, the room being filled with nothing but our gaming set-ups.

It was freezing, he had set the temperature to such a low degree. Almost instantly I began to shiver, my knees rattling and hitting underneath me. The smell of grime and sweat hit harder than ever before, the entrance to my nostrils shutting as I attempted to hold my breath.

"Sleeping, of course. Did you not see them lounging on the couch?" Tomura said, while booting up my idle computer. The display surrounding my PC lighting up and glowing with my favorite color.

Tomura was lying, I could feel the uncanny tension in the air. Cashew and Almond weren't present in the living room, I surely would've seen them if they were there. I took an unpleasant gulp of my saliva, before situating myself atop Tomura's lap.

He reached his hands around my waist, a sharp feeling of his uncut, painted nails digging into my thighs. "So, what game?" I asked.

This time, he wasn't taking control of everything. By now, Tomura would already be drooling over my keyboard case, pushing me away and exploring throughout the hidden files of my long-term computer.

Tomura glided his hand down my arm, the heat of his breath tickling against the back of my neck. Together, we sat back and watched in awe as the custom mouse cursor found its way circling over a game application, one that was particularly special to me.

It was the game that Tomura and I had met on, another one of those basic MMO's. To be honest, I haven't really been active on it since Tomura came back, and he's never watched me play or has helped me boost my stats.

The game booted up like usual, only the loading screen was different. A few updates had definitely passed, and my login streak was nowhere near completed. Tomura inched his head closer to the screen, sparks flying as his skin pressed against mine. "This time I'm not behind a screen." Tomura said.

"Mhm." I agreed, anxiously shuffling through my pre-loaded sets of gear incase Tomura was ready to judge.

Tomura's chapped lips caressed over the back of my shoulder-blade, before an unexpected feeling of his teeth nibbling against my skin spread down my spine. I clicked on the dungeon button, my game searching for nearby and overseas players to team up with. My knees clashed together, as the room grew quieter and our exchanging breaths were spoken out loud.

Surprisingly, all of my fellow teammates hopped onto the updated voice-call system. Before it was never used, but after the tsunami of patches and fixes it had become a popular aspect of games.  I guess that I just hadn't expected it to be applied during the first match I played. Though, Tomura was right beside me, and I was scared.

"Come on, we need everyone on the channel!" one of my teammates pushed, the rest of them laughing and joking while obviously having a good time playing the game and executing out their maxed skills. "It's just a fact that hopping onto the voice-call results in better played games."

I usually played with my volume to the max, since my ears eventually adjusted to the high pitches after years of playing games. Tomura could hear their voices underneath the cushioned comfort ring of my headphones. "Yeah, aren't you going to join them?" he teased.

Taking a quiet gulp of my warm saliva, I tried to numb the spot that Tomura had been trailing over with my head, but it was impossible to just shut off my nerves. After another few seconds of restless pushing, I gave into the peer pressure my teammates were distributing onto me, and I joined their desperate channel.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

authors note; HIII im so sorry for the lack of chapters! i've been busy with school this week and i have a slight writers block. anyways, i've been working on improving my writing and i hope it's noticeable with these two past chapters

thank you so much for reading, i love you ❤️

artwork by: Ai_Shinobi on Twitter
words: 1108