part 61

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

Thankfully, I didn't experience a heavy impact of morning sickness today. It was Tomura's birthday, and he was still fast asleep. The weather so-far was clear, and the sun shone brightly through the sheer curtains. I slid my legs off the edge of the bed, before fixing the collar of the first hoodie Tomura had given me, it was all I wore to sleep.

I rushed down to the kitchen, the developing baby in my stomach still dormant. Tomura's cake had been resting in the freezer, it was an ice-cream one. My hair slid down my shoulder-blades as I slightly knelt down and pulled out the strawberry dessert.

"Now, we just need to set the table." I thought to myself, adjusting the wall decorations that I had set up the night prior. The gifts which I had bought Tomura were already wrapped and ready to go, ribbons attached to the cases of special paper.

As I bent myself over the kitchen table, aligning the covering-cloth so that the print displayed as straight, I couldn't help but smile underneath the sun's glow. My cheeks were especially lively today, always boosting upwards as painted grins formed across my face.

Cashew and Almond ran against my bare ankles, their soft yet unique fur leaving my skin with a tingly feeling. They tried their best to hop up onto the table, in hopes of getting a bite at the strawberry dessert. "Shoo!" I laughed, flailing my hands at the two and scattering them.

The cake only had one tier, which was a sweet berry flavor. Alignments of wispy buttercream and edible gold leaves made it unlike any other, the clean, plastic sheet holder keeping the treat from melting. Inside was a thick layer of ice-cream, vanilla to be exact.

A warm feeling of arms pulled me into a tight embrace, as Tomura yawned loudly into my ear. "Morning." he greeted with a smile on his face.

I took the moment to indulge within his grasp, my eyelids falling closed as I beamed with ecstasy. "Happy birthday!" after turning around, I jokingly noticed a single detail which had arose just this morning. "Holy shit! I think you're growing a beard."

"Are you lying to me?" Tomura stood back, his silver locks of hair tickling the bulb of his nose.

Bringing the palms of my hands up to his tinged-yellow cheeks, I caressed Tomura's face before leaning in for a kiss. The electric feeling of his chapped lips against mine made me smile. "I was only joking." I giggled.

Tomura grabbed me by the waist, his cold fingers hooking around my hips. With a faint chuckle, he grinned back at me. "Good."

In-between us laid our stomachs, mine being full of something unrelated to the topic of food. For his birthday, I had ran around and bought Tomura all of his dream games, but I wondered if my pregnancy would act as an even greater gift. "So, uh- there's something I need to tell you."

His feral crimson eyes glanced to the side, Tomura's expensive birthday cake melting right behind us. I needed to make this quick. "I'm pregnant-"

"Oh, I know." Tomura interrupted, his manic laughs echoing off the surrounding concrete walls.

"Come on, sweetheart. I thought you knew me better than this, don't you?" he grinned, I had played right into his game. That morning must've sold it to him, the overwhelming nausea and throbbing headache. "Hurting my feelings, especially when it's my birthday."