part 8

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

He pushed his coffee mug aside, before tilting his head and starting the lengthy interview process.  "Miss (Y/L/N), what are your attributes?"

I curled my toes into the rubber base of my sandals, trying to form the words to make up a quick answer. "Well, my quirk allows me to be hyper-intelligent. There are puzzles designated for professionals, which I've been able to solve in mere minutes."

"Along with my patient attitude, and strong attention to detail, I believe those three are my main attributes." I continued.

The man nodded his head and smiled, tapping his ballpoint pen against the base of his hand. "That's a wonderful quirk to have in a setting like this, I can assure you." he chuckled.

I didn't know whether to laugh or stay silent, but it didn't matter anyways, as he moved onto his next question. "Do you have any weaknesses?"

"Of course! I find myself struggling with attention spans, it's easy for me to get distracted. Though, if I'm working under pressure, then that flaw no longer affects me."

My interview lasted for about thirty minutes to an hour, but it was made short by the occasional jokes that my employer cracked. I held my bag close, wandering throughout the vast office. "Atleast mom will be happy." I groaned.

I didn't want to change my lazy ways. With real work, I would have to sacrifice several hours that I would rather spend playing games or sleeping. My interviewer had informed me that there would be a follow-up email, so I should expect to see that this weekend.

"I can start making money now, and adopt that cute puppy from the shop!" I smiled, before pressing the down button outside of the two elevators.

I leaned back against the metal bars as the elevator took on its descent, wondering about my next move. "Maybe there's a way to reserve the adoption."

The elevator made a chime as it arrived at the lobby. "That's it! I'll reserve it." I thought, before hastily making my way out of the modern office building.

It had begun to rain, the soft drops of water filling in the crevices of the filthy concrete. My eyes glanced up at the sky, which was clouded with dark grey patches. Hoping my locks of hair acted as good cover, I tried my best to keep my balance as I ran.

The rain's puddles soaked the base of my sandals, even running down the brick staircase leading into the metro station. It eventually streamed into the drain basin, keeping away from the inside of the station.

I remembered the station's layout, and spent no time before hopping aboard another train. After a few patient minutes, my desired stop finally came. My head tilted to the side, my eyes checking the outside weather. "The rain hasn't caught up yet."

I rushed out of my home station, the shoes encasing my feet barely being able to keep up. Running quickly, I raced against the time and rain. My flinging bag held me back, because I didn't want my pocket items to fall out onto the street.

By the end of my sprint, my sandal straps were nearly flying off. Thankfully, though, the pup was still there. He yapped and barked at the sight of me, desperately wanting to climb out of his flimsy cage.

I knelt down, my knees bruising against the unwept floor. Restricting the pup from biting my fingers, I cooed. "Hi, baby."

The pup was young. A sweet, miniature poodle with fur resembling autumn leaves. Before I knew it, a worker had approached me from behind. "Hello! Is there anything I can help you with?" they asked.

I turned around, surprised by their sudden voice. "Actually, there is." I said.

"Is it possible to- uh reserve an adoption? I want to eventually adopt this guy here." I continued, the delicate puppy trying to chew its way through the thin, metal bars.

Their eyes lit up, as they immediately nodded their head. "Oh, definitely! Hang on." they paused, before carefully prancing over behind the desk.

I followed them, waiting patiently on the other side. The worker handed me a paper, which was attached to a wooden clipboard. "This is our reservation form. Just fill out these and keep us updated."

The pen danced around my fingers, before I started to fill out the form. "If you fail to adopt the puppy by the reserved date, then the form goes inactive." the worker continued.

I nodded my head, adding final touches to the sheet of paper. As soon as I got the news about my job, that's the day I'll adopt the puppy. Before I left the pet shop, I paid a small adoption fee. If I failed to adopt the pup by the given date, then that fee would get refunded.

Despite the time spent inside of the shop, the rain still hasn't caught up to this area. However, when I looked up at the sky, I could see the grey patches begin to form. My stomach begin to growl lowly, as I had skipped breakfast and lunch.

After disappearing from the small groups of people,  my feet began to sprint towards the cozy suburbs. The neighborhood I resided in was quiet and small, everyone knowing each other because of some funny coincidence.

I closed the metal gate on my way into the yard, locking and securing it behind me. The soles of my feet began to grow sore, the formal sandals not being a great source of comfort. After opening the front door, I hung up my bag and groaned. "Home at last."

Heading to the kitchen, I grabbed a party-sized chip bag before rushing up the stairs and towards my room. I looked down at the bag, slowly peeling the top open. "These are total scams." I giggled, after noticing that the chips took up only a quarter of package space.

I flung my legs over the top of my desk, practicing terrible manners. Twisting my body ahead of me, I then powered on my computer. "Alright! After two days of being left on delivered, I'm sure this will be entertaining."

Tomura acted like a kid, and probably was one too. It was funny toying with him, but I did enjoy his company. After throwing a corn chip into my mouth, I was shocked to see the bundled amount of messages that Tomura had stockpiled.

It was pure spam, majority of it including threats. This wasn't what I had expected at all, but he still apologized countlessly after expending his episodes of rage. The sound of my chewing covered my thinking, as I tried to come up with an excuse.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

authors note; y/n is just ghosting him LMFSJjaja

artwork by: suzitcat on Twitter
words: 1141