part 35

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

The inside of the restaurant was beautiful, I had never been to a place quite like it. I don't consider myself wealthy, neither poor, but my class of money doesn't even come close to comparing to this.

With gold-encrusted chandeliers and tiered ceilings, I felt out of place within the hotspot of snobs. He reserved a booth for us, which we were quickly seated to. I tried to read the menu, which was written in text that I couldn't understand.

"All these French words." I laughed, my date following me.

"Hmm, well." he paused, squinting his eyes as he looked down at the menu.

"These are snails, basically." my date continued, pointing his finger at this one meal called "escargot"

"Snails?!" I thought.

"No species of snail is going to enter my mouth, I'm telling you that." I chuckled, trying to find a dish that I could actually understand.

A waiter who was dressed in formal attire, their feet covered by a fancy pair of dress shoes came over. "Hello, are you two ready to order?" they asked.

My thorough search for something recognizable came up with no result, so maybe if I just said something random they could understand. While my date ordered an enriching soup, I stuck with an alfredo pasta.

As the high-ranked chefs prepared our meals in their spotless kitchens, my date continued to start conversations with me. "So." he said, taking a sip of water out of his crystal glass.

"How long have you been working at the agency?" he asked.

"A few months now, but recently I was exchanged to our other branch in Kamino." I responded, wanting to leave already.

"Kamino, huh? I heard it's being rebuilt. Tough place, all those filthy buildings." my date rambled, but I couldn't care less.

Soon enough, our orders came. From meters away, even I could see the steam displaying off the freshly-cooked meals. My pasta was more decorated than I had originally thought, garnished with all types of foreign herbs and seasonings.

A savory aroma filled my nostrils as our waiter placed the shining plates of food in front of us, afterwards leaving back to the kitchen. The pasta was delicious, but I hadn't suspected any less from a restaurant this elegant.

I tried my best to avoid getting the buttery cream sauce on the corners of my mouth, soon wiping my lips with a napkin after taking the first bite. "Woah, this is really good." I mumbled.

"This is my favorite restaurant. I've become acquainted with the chefs too." all my date did was try to make himself appear more interesting to me, but in reality he was just a boring man that hadn't known anything other than wealth and luxury.

Even I noticed how infatuated he was with me, it was disgusting. Through the layers of fragrant lotion on my skin, lied my repulsed heart. "Just when are you going to shut up?" I thought to myself, keeping my views silent.

"Tomura is funnier than you, and he can't shut up about games and news." I laughed to myself, my lips glued shut.

All my responses from that point on were nothing but simple agreements. I was dying to leave, and soon my date was given the bill. Our total came out to be two-hundred dollars, a price that I would never pay for two portioned meals.

However, my date had no problem paying the fee. He even left a tip. "How pompous." my thoughts repeated.

Soon, we were back in the parking lot. Telling from the pattern of new cars entering the concrete perimeter, I knew that this restaurant would make stacks of bills tonight. I glided my body back onto the passenger seat, the stars decorating the car ceiling gleaming more than ever.

"I'll drop you home." my date said, turning on the car with one nudge of a button.

So off we went, back into the concrete jungle of Hosu City. Tonight was a bustling one, every business-place filled with crowds of people. It was probably because of the weather, today was oddly warm.

We slowly approached my house, and I couldn't wait to leave. My date had his hand hooked over my thigh, making the ride excruciatingly painful. I didn't want to look at him or cause a scene, so I shut my mouth and dealt with the uncomfortable touch.

He was moving too fast, his infatuation with me remarkable. Nothing about me felt the same way, as I thought of my co-worker as someone I could use for my own benefit. It was a villain trait, feeling like that.

But I didn't care. He was a background character to me, someone who will never serve any importance to me other than taking my mind off the man I actually felt for. At times like this, I wished I had an effective quirk.

Before I manifested my quirk, I was already a smart girl. It was unfair, I wanted the ability to emit cool soundwaves or breathe fire like other people could. The only information I gathered off my date from this night was that he was a snob, who buys girls instead of winning their hearts over with genuine affection.

Thankfully, we had arrived. I couldn't wait to open the door and have Almond run into my arms, that silly puppy. He wasn't so much of a puppy anymore though, after the months of rapid growth.

"Thanks for dropping me home." I appreciated, my date getting out of the car with me.

We stood on the sidewalk, my dress sleeves nearly falling off my shoulders. The streetlight that usually shone its yellow glow on this area was dimmed out, probably burned or affected by the rain.

So it was dark, just the two of us. The minimal lights from inside of my house were the only sources of energy, their gleams shining onto my date's forehead. "It's no problem." he responded.

"Do you think we can go out a second time? I want to see you again, (Y/N)." his words forcing themselves out of the seal of his lips.

I didn't know what to say, because I just wasn't interested. There was nothing about my co-worker that intrigued me, or even hinted the slightest bit of attraction. However, I didn't need to worry.

His eyes rolled back, the tone of my date's skin turning grey and flaking off. He was decaying, disintegrating right in front of my eyes.

"You couldn't even be left alone for a few months." Tomura said, a hint of annoyance in his voice.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

authors note; OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD

artwork by: JMPtnRomE2fs7Oy on Twitter
words; 1126

artwork by: JMPtnRomE2fs7Oy on Twitterwords; 1126