part 43

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

Tomura was the most wanted villain in all of Japan, so I couldn't just let him wander outside and stray far away from the house. He spent most of his time indoors, constantly playing on my Nintendo Switch or farming for me in games.

Every now and then, the police-force send scouts that will knock on your door and investigate. It's become the normal with every neighborhood, since there's probably some villains taking refuge in civilian homes.

However, they've never caught onto Tomura and me. They weren't exactly suspicious of me, because I was just like any old office worker. Besides, Tomura always freaks out and goes to hide in a closet or something. There was no reason to investigate any further than just a check-in.

Using my fingertip to read along the calendar, I then realized that Almond's birthday was tomorrow. It had been approaching like wildfire, and I hadn't been so stoked about something for ages. "Tomura!" I called.

Usually, I didn't update or set my calendar to the current date. I only started recently because of Almond, as the first birthday is always the most exciting one.

"What do you want now?" Tomura groaned, his back hunched as he walked aimlessly down the carpeted staircase.

With my Nintendo Switch in hand, I could swear that I heard that awfully familiar tune. "Smash Bros again?" I laughed.

Tomura hadn't been training at all, so his chest had begun to sink back. He was returning back into his old self, that frail boy with the honed collarbones. Tomura's muscle mass was decreasing, but not to the point where he was all skin and ribs.

"This boss is pissing me off." he complained, approaching me from afar.

"You do it." he demanded, shoving the device into my face.

The level on the screen was one that I had been struggling with for weeks. We played on separate accounts, so he must've not known that even I got stuck on this stage. "No, no! I'm sure you can manage." I said, handing back over the Switch.

"After all, you're the pro gamer here." I teased, making a joke out of Tomura.

Tomura smiled but failed to chuckle at my silly joke. He brushed my blocking hair from my forehead, before planting a kiss upon my cold skin. "You look so pretty, as always." he complimented.

"What's the special occasion?" he asked, seeing as I was all dressed up.

There was no special occasion, but I had been wanting to check the grocery stores in town in search of pet safe ingredients. "Well, you know! Almond's birthday is coming up, so I thought it would be appropriate if I went shopping."

"Shopping for what?" Tomura tilted his head, before checking the calendar and confirming the date.

"I wanted to make a cake for him." I giggled, doing a twirl and letting the bottom of my flowy dress fly up.

"So you're leaving?" Tomura whined, a pout forming on his face.

I tugged Tomura closer by his wrinkled collar, smiling brightly in front of his crimson eyes. He seemed shocked at first, but settled down and leaned forward. As our mutually-chapped lips connected, he hooked his fingers over my shoulders.

"But I'll miss you." he muttered. These past few days Tomura has been incredibly attached to me, it's like his entire personality had changed. Not only was he sweeter and more gentle, he was also not as focused on revenge and pain. He had become obsessed with me, never wanting to stray from my side even if it would only take three minutes.

"You're like a dog." I laughed, making fun of his newfound attitude.

Tomura quickly snapped back into his old self, not wanting anything to do with it. "Forget it, then."

"I'm kidding, silly. You can tag along." I said, before grabbing ahold of Tomura's worked hands.

I ran up the stairwell, Tomura sluggishly following behind. If Tomura wanted to come with me to the supermarket, then he would have to wear a heavy disguise. Searching throughout my closet, I pulled out the most random things from the darkest depths of the clothes pile.

"Here, wear this." I called, showing Tomura a layered disguise consisting of a graphic hoodie, face mask, and grey sweatpants.

As Tomura got dressed in the outfit I had prepared, I found another cute accessory lying around my vanity shelves. "Wait, put this on too." I schemed.

It was a set of glasses, the metal rims forming a heart. Tomura's outfit was out of the ordinary, the mix of colors not complimenting each other at all. Despite his randomized look, I still found him to be adorable.

"Gross." Tomura complained as he looked into the mirror's reflection.

"Learn to deal with it if you want to come with me so badly." I responded, tugging the dark hood over his white hair.

Tomura put on the face mask, which only resulted in him complaining some more. "I'm not sick."

He latched back onto my hand, following me out into the living room. Before we head out the door, I needed to double check some things. "Okay." I paused.

"Are you wearing moisturizer?" I asked.

"Yes.." Tomura groaned, his crimson pupils rolling to the side and panning over the area of the room.

"Sunscreen?" I continued, making sure that Tomura was ready to head out into the weather. Even though his wrinkles and scars were permanent, I thought that we could treat them to make their appearances less visible.

"Yes, yes, yes! Can we go already?" Tomura grew impatient, wanting to step outside the door and inhale a fresh breath of air for the first time in days.

I turned around and unlocked the front door leading into our home, before taking my first step onto the pavement. Tomura walked ahead of me, already strolling past the black, metal gates.

He reverted back into his usual state, with his back hunched and his feet dragging along the floor. I ran up to his side, now dancing over the sidewalk as we faced our direction towards the supermarket.

"Shopping, here we come!" I smiled.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

authors note; OKAY I NEED TO SLEEP NOW LMFAOO BUT IM SO EXCITED FOR ALMOND'S BIRTHDAY HES SO CUTE

artwork by: bibillina on Tumblr
words: 1055