part 9

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

Tomura's status was idle, turning green as soon as I typed. "Hii! I'm so sorry, I've been busy with IRL things."

"Oh, really?" he asked, his mood seeming calm.

Tossing another chip into my mouth, I took a moment to chew before continuing my words. "Yeah, you know the job thing? I went to the interview today, but I still don't know if I got it."

"Huh, that's cool. Did you read the news today?" Tomura responded.

The news was something I didn't keep up with. Waking up early and watching the news channel was never apart of my daily agenda, but I just depended on social media to keep up with trends. The first hours of today were taken up by interviews and travelling, so I wasn't aware of the latest talk.

"No, why?" I asked curiously.

"All Might began working at U.A, as a teacher. Isn't that interesting?" he said, causing me to nearly choke on a broken piece of my corn chip. I set the plastic bag aside, resting it behind my computer.

Even though I wasn't a big heroes fan, I knew this was big news. U.A is known to be one of the finest schools, birthing new pro heroes left and right. If All Might, the number one hero is working there, then there's bound to be a spike of heroes.

"Seriously?!" I said, typing quickly. As Tomura formed his next answer, I took the time to unlock my phone.

The digital screen was dirtied and blemished with built-up filth, but that didn't stop me from instantly heading to social media platforms. My eyes read over the small text, absorbing the information through the bright display.

Tomura was right, this big piece of news was being blasted throughout all of Japan. All Might was U.A's latest addition to the staff team, causing press agencies to go wild. With his bold, yellow suit and matching pair of pants, his image was flooding popular media.

"I'm not lying." Tomura said, sounding so serious despite the block of screens.

"There he goes, putting words in my mouth again." I mumbled, chuckling to myself.

I wanted to take a moment and think, possibly spending the time to dig into all this viral info. However, Tomura refused to give me the chance. "Hey, what are you waiting for? Log onto Minecraft, now."

Always bossing me around, it was his favorite thing to do. For some reason, I allowed it. Listening to his demands, I logged onto our Minecraft world. Like always, Tomura was sorting through chests and having fun with his redstone farms.

While I was turned around, currently in the crafting table GUI, an attack from behind startled me. My fingers fumbled, trying to exit out quickly. "Zombie?! Or a skeleton?" I exclaimed, nearly flying out from my padded seat.

Tomura had punched me, not caring about my sudden freak-out. He dropped a few pieces of diamond armor, before sprinting off into the distance and heading towards another double chest. "Wear it." he demanded.

"We're going mining." he continued, which was odd for me. I usually stayed back, decorating the house and breeding the animals. However, this time, he wanted me to join him on one of his silly "quests".

I exchanged my dyed leather armor for his enchanted diamond set, and followed him out of our base. He decided to leave at night, which was a bad choice for anyone. After sprinting for a minute or so, we came across a wide-spanned river.

He brought out an oak boat, which he then hopped into before me. As we crossed the blue river, Tomura paying great attention to the direction we were heading in, I went into third-person view. "<3" I typed, admiring our two characters closely stuck together.

The boat's acceleration began to slow, as Tomura paused the grip on his W-key to respond. ":)"

Butterflies, a sudden but undeniable feeling. I hadn't felt them since I was so young, but here I was, experiencing it all over again. "Why, (Y/N)? Get ahold of yourself." I thought, angered at the racing sensation inside of my stomach.

"He's just a kid, and you're an adult. That's wrong, stop it!" I complained, my fingers releasing off the clicky keys of my console.

I slapped my forehead, using my other hand to fidget with stuff in my inventory. After exiting out from the GUI, I needed to ask. "Tomura, how old are you?"

"Oh god, oh god." I dreaded, hoping he wasn't a minor or a filthy, old man.

"I'm 20, is that not old enough for you?" Tomura's tone was aggressive, but his answer released a huge weight off my shoulders.

"What?" I laughed aloud, almost throwing my head back onto my padded seat.

"How old do you think I am?" I asked, wondering what Tomura would say.

I was 19, a whole year younger than Tomura. However, I would be turning 20 in (Y/B/M). Our age difference was only a year, but he acted like a downright child.

The answer I received from Tomura was lackluster, as I wanted him to try and attempt to guess my age. "I don't know."

We arrived at the edge of a grassy plain, which was blanketed with a field of crimson poppies and golden sunflowers. "Well, I'm 19. Younger than you." I typed, before dismounting the wooden boat.

Our modpack added new mobs and plants to our game, and for the first time ever, I saw a crowd of fireflies. With shaders, everything looked so beautiful. The long patches of grass swayed, and the moon actually casted a shadow upon certain blocks.

Tomura walked ahead, guiding me to his mining spot. I then jumped in my seat, as my shaderpack hid a giant ravine from me. My character fell into the ravine, the fall luckily aided with blue, flowing water.

He kept pushing ahead of me, not knowing I fell into a deep ravine. The horrifying sound of mobs made everything seem worse, as lowly growls emitting from zombies and dungeons nearly drove me to exiting the game. "Wait! I fell into a ravine." I typed quickly.

From above, I could hear Tomura's footsteps grazing against the grass blocks. He jumped into the ravine after me, landing straight in the water. Equipping a torch, we could finally see our surroundings. That's when we both discovered something special.

Covered with cobwebs and broken railroad tracks, Tomura was excited to explore it. "Sweet." he said, before heading into the abandoned mineshaft without warning.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

authors note; AND THIS IS WHERE THE FANFIC STARTS! for 1/2 of this part i was experiencing a huge block but after writing out and planning what i want to do for the next parts, i think i might be able to release more than one part tonight

artwork by: shigeru_no_hrak on Twitter
words: 1153