part 21

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

Tomura found a table for us, one surrounded by four unoccupied chairs. I set my bag aside, resting it on the other, plastic seat. He was silent, not a peep of sound exiting through the seal of his chapped lips, that was until he found the moment to speak. "So, what are you getting?"

His words were like a trigger, my body shivering as they rang against my eardrums. My hands felt similar to ice, cold and numb to the touch. I looked around the small restaurant, admiring the complimenting decoration and meaningful symbols. "Probably miso soup, I'm kinda cold." I responded.

The waiter, who had grabbed two menus for us, was now seen through the corner of my eye. He was approaching our table, his energetic stroll filled with enthusiasm. Placing the thin menus atop the glazed wooden table, he asked "Excuse me, but are you two ready to order yet?"

Tomura hung his head low, refusing to make eye contact with the waiter. His loose strands of hair, which created curtain bangs, shielded his face from everyone's pan of vision. He stayed silent, waiting for me to order.

I looked up at the waiter, allowing my go-to smile to spread across my cheeks. "Yeah, I think we're ready."

"The miso soup looks good, and he'll have the- uh." I continued, my words ending in a pause.

Tomura never told me what he wanted to eat, but I didn't want to make any assumptions. Thankfully, he saved me from my tough spot, and gathered the confidence to order for himself. "I'll have the soy ramen. Yeah, that sounds nice."

I nearly broke out in laughter, after hearing Tomura's pathetic attempt at hiding his raspy voice. His words that came out were cracked and uneven, ranging from low to high pitches. The waiter nodded his head, before heading off to behind the counter-bar.

"That wasn't so bad, was it?" I teased, trying to withhold my glee.

"Tch. I hated it." Tomura groaned, never failing to keep up with his negative words.

As we sat in silence, patiently waiting for our food, I felt an illumination strike my brain. "Oh!" I exclaimed, quickly twisting my body to face the other chair. It may have been dead by now, after the several hours that had passed since I packed it, but there was nothing wrong with trying.

I brought out my Nintendo Switch, which I had decorated with stickers from all of my favorite shows. Once Tomura laid his crimson eyes on the device, his eyes filled with stars. They seemed to gleam from afar, his monotone expression turning into a confident smile.

"Uh- how do I say this?" I said awkwardly, trying to brush it off with a fake laugh.

Carefully placing the expensive device in front of Tomura, I smiled at him and said "I wanted to bring it for you, since you always told me about how much you dreamed of owning one."

Tomura slid his covered fingers out of the baggy sleeve attached to his hoodie, waiting impatiently for the device to boot up. It took longer than usual, making me worry. "But, it might be dead by now." I sighed, peering my view over the back of the switch.

Thankfully, it wasn't. Tomura drew his face closer to the device, he couldn't believe his eyes. "You remembered." he mumbled, trying hard to bypass his swelling cheeks.

The moment was interrupted by our waiter, who was back with our food. He carefully placed the steaming bowls in front of our faces, before saying "Let me know if you would like anything else."

Foggy arrays of steam clouded our table, heating up the bottom of my nose. The warmth encased over my skin, causing my goosebumps to subside. I picked up a complimentary plastic spoon, my head tilting to the side as I continued to make conversation with Tomura. "Anyways, I have a lot of games on there, so you can play all you want."

Tomura couldn't hold back his feelings, now allowing a visible puff of red to form over his cheeks. "Holy shit, he's smiling. He's actually smiling!" I thought, the words in my head coming out in high-pitched squeals.

He could barely pay attention to his surroundings, breaking apart a set of chopsticks, then leaving it to rest on the glazed wood. Our awaited food smelt delicious, the scent of soy broth and pork seeming like heaven as they swept over my nose. "This is my first time seeing Smash Bro's Ultimate." he said.

"Really?" I asked, his answer being unexpected. Tomura always kept up with the news, so I wondered how he couldn't have noticed the popular release.

"I used to play the first game, Smash 64." Tomura continued, the opening song of the latest release playing aloud.

I took a sip of my miso soup, the impact of the broth burning up my tongue. It was delicious, but that was expected of a ramen-place like this. Tomura wasn't touching his food at all, the steam still rapidly distributing up and into the air.

All he did was play, round after round. I could almost see the bottom of my shallow, glass bowl. The soup was finished, only the vegetables and seaweed remaining. I was worried, as Tomura was already deathly thin. "You should eat, especially if I'm the one paying here."

"Huh?" Tomura asked, his eyes finally peeling off the digital screen.

"Oh. Yeah, I should." he continued, the pouring rain from outside banging against the concrete street.

Tomura picked up his snapped chopsticks, nitpicking at the slices of pork which blanketed over the top of his broth. He didn't seem to enjoy eating, or just forgot to most of the time. However, he thought about the fact that I was going to be paying for all of this, and was driven enough towards finishing at least a few big bites of ramen.

We had both finished our late dinner, and now were stuck with so many options to choose from. Tomura was addicted to my switch, even bringing it out in the rain. However, he got annoyed by the constant water streams, and hesitantly handed the device back over to me.

I didn't want to take a taxi, not at this hour anymore. Tomura didn't feel the effects of tiredness, he wasn't sluggish whatsoever, and neither was I. Moving closer to his side, I restricted our skins from touching or rubbing against each other.

"Let's head back to the hotel." I said, looking up towards Tomura's shimmering, crimson pupils.

His gaze fixated onto me, his eyes locking with mine. "Yeah, let's." Tomura said, smiling.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

authors note; OH MY GOD I CANT STRESS HOW EXCITED I AM FOR THE NEXT PART YALL.. ITS GOING TO BE THE CUTEST THING EVER JUST YOU WAIT HAHSHA

artwork by: ndk_hrak on Twitter
words: 1153