part 60

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

I tried to wipe my tears before they could fall into the cast-iron pot, polluting the food which I was about to bring to the table. Good thing my hair served as a shield, shunning my face from the exposure to the bright, ceiling lights.

A startling clash of ruckus fought behind me, the loud yaps of a familiar dog and the raspy laughs from Tomura syncing together in melody. I turned around, my mouth hanging ajar for oxygen since my nose was clogged.

From this distance, it would take a miracle for Tomura's eyes to be able to pick up my swollen lids. I still hadn't told him about my pregnancy, nor was I that happy with it. There was a reason why I took control pills, but it's too late to chug down medicine and hope it all goes away.

"What are you two doing?" I laughed, Tomura's arms grasped around the small poodle.

"Wrestling." Tomura responded, Almond barking in with him. I smiled at the heart-clenching sight, at least they were enjoying their time. Even though we got off at the wrong foot, Cashew spent most of his time around me, while Tomura took care of Almond.

The young kitten nuzzled against my bent arm, his soft fur nuzzling over the thin hairs erupting out of my pores. I set the glass cover over the pot of brewing noodles, before nudging my nose against Cashew's face. The sweet aroma of meat sauce and cooking pasta filled my nostrils, finally overthrowing my negative emotions with positive ones.

"Can I tell you a secret?" I hushed, blocking my voice from distributing throughout the room with the sensitive direction of my palm. "You're going to have a little brother soon, or maybe even a sister."

My tears weren't based around the idea of sadness, nor were they revolved around happiness. In reality, I was conflicted. It was still early, and I could easily go and rid my body of the developing baby, but I didn't know what to do. Where to go to, who to talk to, I hadn't a single clue.

Not even Tomura knew, and I wasn't sure if he was even ready to become a father. He simply doesn't have the mindset for it, anyone could compare him to an elementary kid and connect several dots. But I finally came to my final decision.

Cashew's eyes sparkled, gleaming with the shine of industrial lights. He stared at me in awe, almost as if he could understand my words or body language. "I'm keeping the baby." I smiled.

From the corner of my eye, I saw the pot about to burst and overboil. Removing the glass lid, I turned down the heat and prepared our serving bowls. Tomura rushed over, the form he had during his sprint making me laugh. "You're fucking weird."

"Shut up." he argued, sliding the smallest bowl of spaghetti to his chest. Today, our house seemed brighter, filled with greater amounts of laughter and ecstasy, though I didn't contribute to that until now.

We sat across from each other, my side of the table more organized and clean than Tomura's. He dug into the hot meal, swirling the andante-styled noodles around the shining, silver fork. I was still nauseous, but I took a bigger serving than usual, so I could ensure our baby's health and growth.

I looked down at my stomach, the delicious scent of herbs and garlic bread streaming up into the air. Tomura chewed loudly, his table manners were almost nonexistent. "Don't worry, you won't get fat." he said all the wrong words.

Breaking out into hysterical laughter, Tomura didn't know whether to join in or reflect on his actions. I banged my fist on the table, rattling the set decoration. "Oh my god, you idiot! It's not about the weight."

"Anyways.." I mumbled, grounded beef savoring over my taste-buds after taking a bite of the steaming meal. "My stomach feels ill, that's all." it wasn't exactly a lie, just not the full reason.

Tomura broke out from his seat, the food on his plate barely touched. He had always struggled with eating, but this time his appetite wasn't the reason behind it all. "How about we go outside? Would that make you feel better?" he asked.

I nodded my head, then taking ahold of the hand he reached out to me. Leaving our freshly cooked meals behind, the two of us slipped on a pair of sandals and stumbled outside into the cold, spring weather.

Tomura dragged his feet across the pavement, while I followed behind. We sat down on the concrete patio, our calves dangling off into the wispy grass. It was freezing, and a part of me felt guilty that I hadn't finished my spaghetti.

The gentle breeze danced in waves, almost like it was waltzing. Before my hair could messily fly away, I tilted my head onto Tomura's stiff shoulder. But then he moved, adjusting me so I instead fell into his lap.

I gazed at the metal gates, which surrounded our house and protected us from wanderers. My eyelids shut on their own, Tomura's careful hands caressing over my ribs and down to my stomach. At one point, I thought he had figured me out, since he decided to circle his fingers around my abdomen.

One of the most common advices is to take a deep breath, apparently it calms your senses. So, I thought I would go for it. I inhaled until I couldn't anymore, then slowly releasing all the bundled oxygen. My body became limp, as my eyelashes fluttered the choking, cold air away.

The azure moon shone down on us, lighting up our faces. Laying this way really did help my stomach, I started to feel as the nauseating cramps subsided. Tomura brushed my covering hair past my ear, the icy feeling of his fingertips making me twitch slightly.

"Thanks for the food, it tasted delicious." he complimented, the crimson orbs which served as his eyes drifting off into space and staring up at the twinkling sky.

"Heh." I chuckled under my breath. "Anytime."

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

authors note; AWWW SO CUTE!!!

artwork by: Grimwicks on Twitter
words: 1039