part 59

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

I could barely stay put in bed, despite Tomura's heavy arm which laid relaxed over my side. Shoving the soft blankets to the side, the sickly feeling of my brewing stomach forced me out of bed. My head felt lifeless, and my legs weak as if they could collapse any second.

The smell of my dried saliva which lingered around the corners of my lips made me unusually gag, or at least that's what I thought the cause was from. I kicked open the door to the bathroom, my vision slowly encasing in a shade of black.

My stomach churned and the outside skin folded into rolls as I bent over the shiny toilet-bowl. Salty tears were rushed out from my waterline as I vomited all three of my light meals from the day prior.

"Tomura's birthday is in two days, and I got sick? Are you fucking kidding?!" I complained, my breath already heavy as another load of vomit hurried up my sore throat.

I was tired, restless even. Tonight I had gotten at least six hours of sleep, but my body felt incredibly faint. The nauseating feeling still lingered deep in my stomach, aided with an unusual cramping pain.

Everything was foggy, black and hard to pass through. I could barely make my way through the room, my entire world falling as I saw the concrete walls melt. The ceilings drooped down, my small world caving in.

But then he came, my symbol of peace. "Hey, what's with all the noise? People are trying to sleep." Tomura chuckled, not noticing my current position.

The strands of hair that flowed beside my cheeks were greasy, my formed eyebags darker than ever before. All I can remember after that point, is wailing and sulking in my own puddle of warm tears. I banged my fist atop the hard counter, bruising my knuckles and palm-lines.

I felt disgusting, the interior of my mouth encased over with a thick sheet of gouged out food. Tomura pat his hands down my poking back, not used to comforting others. Though, after one single kiss to the cheek, my condition seemed to lessen.

He never said anything, but I didn't take him accountable for it. There was nothing for him to say, nothing to comfort on or relate to. All Tomura did was stare and freeze, but just his presence made me feel better.

"Sorry that you feel this way." he tried, making me laugh through the excruciating fatigue and pain my body was going through.

I glanced up at the frail boy, then reaching my thumb to his forehead and wiping over the rows of deep scars and permanent wrinkles he had. Tomura's nose was pointy, his collarbones showing due to his underweight body.

"Thanks." I smiled, brushing aside his long curtain bangs. "Happy early birthday, by the way."

"Yeah, I'm going back to bed." Tomura didn't know how to exactly accept compliments or blessings, so off he went, storming right out of the cold bathroom as if nothing happened. He turned around at the last second, flexing his perfect sideview in my direction. "Call me if you need anything."

I nodded my head, now finally able to lower down my defense wall. The bright smile Tomura just saw was all a facade, a shield that I used often to hide what was really going on. "What now?" I asked myself, my legs hovering over the cold tile floor.

There was something I needed to find out, so I searched desperately throughout the wooden cabinets for that special tool. Forcing out the handles and yanking open the drawers, I scanned my eyes through the bundles of trashed hair-ties and clumped paper-towels.

A flimsy object was caught in my gaze, the half-white, half-pink pregnancy test laying there ready to be picked up and used. I shut the door before pulling it out, locking the knob and taking a loud inhale of oxygen.

The instructions were simple, urinate on the taker-part of the cheap test. Then, wait and pray for whatever result you wished for. I floated my body over the toilet, a held, light-yellow stream of pee rushing out and rippling the waters underneath.

My urine wasn't the only thing breaking the surface of the water, so were my warm tears, that had still been falling since twenty minutes ago when I woke up. I shook off the excess from the 1-dollar test, then using a thin sheet of toilet-paper to wipe the remainder off my body.

I crawled back to behind the wooden door, my knees bending and forcing their way closer to my heart. Even though the test didn't resemble a bright screen, I felt as my pupils grew bloodshot and strained as I unblinkingly stared at the calculating results.

The concrete walls around me turned to slime, my vision sliding and my head falling in-and-out of consciousness. When I opened my mouth to speak, nothing but hush whispers would form from my lips, the crusted saliva from my sleep making it painful to move the lower-half of my face.

"I don't want to be pregnant." the child in me cried out, I was only twenty, my life was just beginning now. "I know I joked a lot, but I didn't mean it." I sobbed, no nearby towel available for me to wail into, so I used my hair.

My toes began to twitch, tapping repeatedly against the decorated tiles underneath. I was covered in goosebumps, the shivering cold of night making me freeze and shake. The symptoms and pain caused me to lose control over my body, my vision growing grey and foggy.

Through my battering eyelashes and sticky lids, I watched as the given result from the test slowly formed in front of me. My perception was too blurry to tell, an unknown amount of lines appearing on the calculator.

Rubbing the outside of my eyes, and clearing up my view momentarily. I then felt it, the impact of something extraordinary. In a matter of seconds, my waterline was flooded with rivers of streaming tears, containing positive and negative emotions which had been brewing deep within in me.

I was pregnant.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

authors note; GASSPP LIKE WE DIDNT SEE THE FORESDHADOWINF

homework now 😭😭

artwork by: Ai_Shinobi on Twitter
words: 1063