6|Boggart

Remus's POV

It was about 1:00 in the afternoon when I realized that it was my first lesson is Defence Against the Dark Arts.

I finished drinking my glass of firewhiskey and packed all my things in my briefcase. As I rushed at the door, I noticed the photo with the Marauders at James and Lily's wedding.

I took a look at it and sighed. "This is it guys. I'm a professor now."

I put it in my drawer before I proceeded to the Defence Against the Dark Arts Classroom. A few minutes later, I have finally entered.

The class had arrived before myself, they were all sitting, had their books on their desks along with their quills and parchements.

I smiled vaguely at my new students and placed my briefcase on my desk. I heard whispers and chatter, most coming from the Slytherins. Most of them were talking how shabby I had looked; but I didn't care.

"Good afternoon," I greeted them. "Would you please put all your books back in your bags. Today's will be a practical lesson. You will only need your wands."

Curious and surprised looks were traded as I said this. I saw (y/n) raising her eyebrows, impressed and was sitting beside Harry.

Harry, all I saw was a younger version of James, but with a lightning-shaped scar but with Lily's green eyes. My heart melted. I snapped out of it as I remembered that I had a lesson to teach.

Once everyone was ready with their wands, I said. "Right then. If you'd follow me."

Everyone had got up to their feet and followed me out of the classroom. We were soon walking to a deserted corridor and around the corner, Peeves the Poltergist had burst out of thin air, floating upside down and with his chewing gum had stuffed the nearest keyhole with it.

"Loony, loopy Lupin. Loony, loopy Lupin, loony, loopy Lupin—"

"I'd take that gum out of the keyhole if I were you Peeves," I told Peeves. "Mr. Filch won't be able to get in to his brooms."

However, Peeves wouldn't listen and instead blew me a loud hoot. I sighed and took out my wand.

"This is a useful little spell. Please watch closely." I told the class behind me. I raised my wand to shoulder height and pointed it at Peeves. "Waddiwasi!"

And in a blink of an eye, the ball of chewing gum shot out of the keyhole and straight down to Peeves's left nostril. He spun right way up and left, defeated. The whole class squealed with delight at this.

"Cool sir!" Dean Thomas, a Gryffindor exclaimed.

"Thank you Dean,"'I said, putting my wand away. "Shall we proceed?"

We all set off again, they were all looking at me with immense respect. But despite this, I still stayed humble. Finally, I had led them down a second corridor and we stopped, right outside the door of the staff-room.

I had forgotten how shabby it looked. A long, panelled room full of mismatched chairs and was empty. Except that today, Snape had happened to be inside. I saw him looking arouns as the class had entered; I closed the door.