29| The Train Ride Home

Reader's POV

Morning had arrived. And the sun was now shining brightly and its rays were brushing against the freshly-cut grass of the school's grounds.

It was finally summer.

Time to go home.

I packed all my clothes, books, and other equipment to my trunk. I was the last of the Ravenclaws in the dormitory,
it was hard to believe I was going to be a fourth year now.

Before I could even finish packing, I suddenly saw a bundle of letters compiled in my knapsack. It was all the letters that Professor Moony had written — all for me.

I smiled, remembering him. I'll miss him so much. How would the rest of my years here at Hogwarts turn out without him? I kept asking myself the same question yesterday, but I kept insisting to myself that we will meet again someday.

"Hurry up (y/n)!" I heard Padma calling me outside.
"The train's gonna leave in 20 minutes!" Lisa added.

I gasped slightly and quickly packed the letters into my trunk. I double-checked my dorm, hoping that I haven't left anything. And to my relief, there was none.

I exited the dormitory. Padma and Lisa were waiting in the main common room for me as the other Ravenclaws began to leave. The three of us went out of the common room and headed to Hogsmeade Station.

The platform was packed with students, majority of them were already boarding the train, and others were bidding their friends goodbye. I could see Malfoy and his gang amidst the sea of first years. The look on Malfoy's face was very obvious that the was infuriated.

"Wait until my father hears that the Hagrid oaf's bloody chicken had escaped. I'll say he'll be furious when he finds out." Malfoy boasted to his gang.

"Calm yourself Draco," said Pansy Parkinson; I saw her hand entwined around Malfoy's arm. "I'm sure that creature's going to be executed in no time." Blaise Zabini, Crabbe, Goyle and a few other Slytherins nodded their heads in affirmation, which caused me to roll my eyes in disgust.

This morning during breakfast, I learned that Buckbeak had escaped the supposed execution the other day, with some help from Harry and Hermione thanks to the time turner. Buckbeak served as Sirius's transportation and helped him escape.

Thank the good Lord that Buckbeak had escaped. He was innocent creature that didn't deserve to seen as a dangerous one. Hagrid must've been so happy when he found out.

"Padma!" Parvati Patil Padma's twin hollered as walked towards us. "Would you like to seat with me and Lavender?"
"Er, yeah sure." Padma replied.

"I'm coming too!" Lisa said, "(y/n), you coming?"

"Um, no I'm gonna try find Harry, Hermione and Ron. If that's okay with you and Padma." I said.

"That's fine." the two of them said.

"Oh, Harry's over there. Just passed by him a minute ago." Parvati smiled. I thanked her, and waved goodbye to my two friends telling them that I'll see them this summer and raced to the trio.

"Hey guys!" I exclaimed once I caught sight of them.

"Oh hello." the three of them greeted me in a chorus. "Mind if I sit with you three?" I asked. "Sure." Hermione said, beaming. Soon, the Hogwarts Express pulled out. I cast one more glance at the castle before I went with Harry, Ron and Hermione to find a compartment.