27| 'Till We Meet Again

Reader's POV

Professor Moony stood at his desk looking over at the door at me. His eyes were looking troubled. I looked away from his green eyes to examine the office.

Seeing all his knickknacks and books cleared from the space caused my heart to further ache. I felt a river of tears spilling through my eyes.

He was really leaving.

I knew it was Snape who was going to expose his condition from the start. I knew that this would happen.

"Why do you have to go?" I asked, facing him as I approached his desk, tears continuing to flow from my eyes.

Professor Moony was wearing the same robes when he arrived in on his first day. His hair was not so neat this time, which I found extremely peculiar, because I was so used to see his hair all neat. The circles on his eyes were very deep, which reminded me what he had gone through last night.

He visibly softened and stepped towards me, reaching his arms for mine, I ran quickly to him as he squeezed me into a tight embrace. I stood on the tip of my toes and he bent down to embrace me; the tip of his messy, sandy-brown hair tickling my neck slightly.

"I have to," I heard him mumrmur to my ear. I was too focused on the warm cosy smell of his cardigan, it felt home. "It's for your own good, the whole school's."

"Please don't leave," I implored. "I didn't think would have to say goodbye. I thought— we would still have time."

We pulled apart from the tight embrace, as I continued to sob.
"Shh, it's alright. Don't cry. It's going to be alright." Professor Moony whispered to me, slowly caressing my cheeks, which were red from tears with his thumb, which soothed me.

"I thought we would still have time too, but fate has its own decisions," Professor Moony sighed sadly. "All I can say is goodbye for now."

"I knew it was Snape all along," I said grimly. "I tried to tell you! He should've been the one to be sacked."

I felt anger burning through my skin. It was all Snape's fault. He's the reason why the best Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher would resign, all because of this stupid grudge of him between James Potter and Sirius.

But of course, I still have respect for James, he was my best friend's dad. And Sirius, was my best friend's godfather; they may have been bullies, but at least they matured, but Snape obviously didn't mature at all.

"(y/n), don't be so harsh on Severus. I know, he 'accidentally' slipped my condition to the whole school, but he's a Hogwarts teacher. If Dumbledore still trusts him, therefore I trust him as well." Professor Moony said calmly.

I knew it wouldn't be best to argue with him. I may despise the Potions Master, but I have to admit Professor Moony's got a point.

"We're never going to see each other again, are we?" I asked in a whisper, that fear had been encroaching in my thoughts finally.

"Not really, but I'm sure we will see each other again, soon. You still have four more years here at Hogwarts. Enjoy your time left for me, and you." he smiled gently at me.

"I will." I assured him.

All of a sudden, I heard a sharp intake of breath; Professor Moony's eyes were fixed on my arm, I watched as he shakily took my hand in his, pushing my sleeve up symphatetically and allowing the thick, white bandages that was wrapped around my arm become visible.