14|Trouble

Remus's POV

(y/n) and I spent the rest of the evening in my office having deep conversations.

Once it was around 10:30 pm, she had already fallen asleep. I debated whether waking her up so she could go back to her common room. But I decided against it, she told me that she had been staying up all night a few weeks ago because of tons of homeworks and advance reading in other subjects. The poor girl.

I carefully scooped her into my arms and carried her all the way to my wing and placed her gently on my bed; I placed my wool blanket on her so she could be warm for the night. "Good night my little witch." I whispered. I got ready for bed and decided to sleep on the couch just beside the bed so I could keep an eye on her before drifting to sleep.

It took me quite a while to sleep, making sure that she would be near to me. But I felt uncomfortable on the couch, so I decided to sleep by her side.

Reader's POV

I woke up the next morning at around 5:00 to a strange dream — I dreamt that Professor Moony invited me in his office for Christmas and he told me that I was his favorite student; and that I slept in his wing.

I found myself in an unfamiliar room, filled with old photographs and the curtains were designed with the Gryffindor's house colors.

I felt a hand wrapped around my waist as I tried to recall what happened last night. As I turned around, I noticed that Professor Moony was snoring loudly beside me. I almost jumped when I saw him.

Maybe it wasn't a dream after all.

I would've laughed hard if it weren't for Professor Moony sleeping beside me. To be honest, his snores were much louder compared to Terry's snores.

Yes, I've heard him snore, because during our first year, when Padma and I returned to the common room, he slept on his seat while reading a book.

I decided to stay in bed until Professor Moony was awake. My eyes soon caught sight of a photograph on his nighstand. I carefully reached for it, careful not to wake him. I looked at it with wonder and amazement.

It was dated around July 31st, 1980; Harry's birthday. I saw Professor Moony, but he was younger trying to entertain Harry, who was still an infant. And Harry was being held by a young Sirius Black. I frowned, as I suddenly remembered the recent trip to Hogsmeade when we all realized that Black was Harry's godfather.

About a minute later, I felt the blanket shift, Professor Moony was now awake.

"Good morning!" he smiled weakly at me.
"Good morning Professor." I replied bluntly.

"I see you're staring at the photograph eh?" he said sleepily. I nodded.

"Professor?" I asked.

"Hmm?"

"I forgot to tell you. That the last time we went to Hogsmeade, Harry, he-we discovered that-that," I said, pausing frequently. "Sirius Black is-is —"

"What about Sirius?" Professor Moony asked, resting his head against the frame of his bed.

"Black is Harry's godfather." I said.