15|An Unexpected Guest

Reader's POV

December had passed and January had arrived. Classes were about to resume; if everyone hated going back to school, I loved the idea of attending classes and learning new stuff.

Our first class this Monday was Defence Against the Dark Arts with the Slytherins. Ughh, I hate it whenever we were paired with the Slytherins.

A/n: sorry to all the slytherin readers out there!

As always, Professor Moony had taught is another interesting subject; but during classes I had to address him as Professoe Lupin like any normal student would. He discussed about grindylows, which once again captivated our interest.

"Alright, that's all for today, we'll be continuing the lesson next meeting but for now, I won't be giving any assignments. Thank you!" he said.

We packed all our books and equipment back to our bags and waved goodbye to Professor Lupin. I was the last one to remain in the class.

"Professor let me help you." I said, carrying the books that Professor Moony could not carry as his hands were now full.

"Thank you (y/n)." he said, as I helped him to put the books on his shelf.

"No problem Professor Moony." I whispered to his ear before I left the classroom.

As I went outside, Padma and Lisa were already waiting for me.
"There you are!" said Padma.

"It's a good thing you waited for me." I laughed.

"And what in the world kept you so long?" Lisa asked, raising a brow.

I froze for a moment, and said. "Oh, er, I was helping Professor Lupin. You know, he's getting ill and I have to assist him."

Lisa and Padma nodded their heads in agreement.

"More like you were snogging him Bell!" Pansy Parkinson snarled at me. She was another of the Slytherins that I greatly despised.

"Shut up Parkinson," I barked. "Why in the world would I do that to him?! He's a professor."

"Well it's becoming obvious that you're his pet," Daphne Greengrass sneered. "And he favors Ravenclaw because you're such a show off at his class."

I couldn't help but feel anger boiling through my whole body.

"Shove off Daphne." Padma defended me.

"And why the hell would you all like that Lupin mutt?" said Pansy. "Just look at his clothes, it's like it hasn't been washed for days. Even Draco says he looks like their old-house elf. Dumbledore should've have him sacked right now. What kind of a headmaster hires someone like Lupin?"

The three of us took out our wands and prepared to jinx Pansy and her gang as they did the same. "So now you think Professor Lupin looks like Dobby because Draco says so?" said Lisa.

"And you're just saying that because you fancy Draco." says Padma.

Pansy's face suddenly turned red. "You take that back Patil!"