9|The Quidditch Match

Reader's POV

One day later...

I woke up and I realized that it was the Quidditch Match with Gryffindor versus Hufflepuff.

Originally it was going to be Gryffindor versus Slytherin but Malfoy kept on exaggerating his injured arm.

Obviously since I had a lot of friends who were Gryffindors I was supporting their team. I then grabbed the flag that me and Padma made last night with the Gryffindor colors.

"Gryffindor's gonna win for sure!" Padma squealed, waving her flag.

But to our surprise, once we came out of our dorm, majority of the Ravenclaws were wearing yellow and black facepaint which was obvious that they were supporting the Hufflepuff Quidditch Team.

"Lisa?" Padma asked. "You're supporting Hufflepuff? I thought you were supporting Gryffindor."

"Oh I changed my mind Padma." said Lisa Turpin.

"Why the change of mind?" I asked her.

"Well, have you ever heard of Cedric Diggory?" she said, her face flushing into red.

"Yeah," I said awkwardly. "Isn't he the Seeker for Hufflepuff?"

"He looks handsome! It's like you've seen an angel from heaven!" another Ravenclaw added.

"Even Pansy Parkinson starts to acknowledge his good looks." Terry piped up.

"Oh Terry don't tell me you're starting to fall for Diggory as well." said Padma coolly.

"I'm not gay Padma!" he yelled at us, storming out of the common room.

I couldn't help but laugh at this.

"Fine all of you guys can support Hufflepuff, just because they've got a handsome Seeker." said Padma angrily.

"Don't worry guys. I'm supporting Gryffindor." said a dreamy voice.

Me and Padma jumped and right behind us stood Luna Lovegood who was a year below us. She wore a giant lion hat which constantly roared. She was bullied for her eccentric personality, but I was one of those who were kind to her and she was one of my best friends.

"Oh hey Luna!" we greeted her.

"I've heard that almost everyone is supporting Hufflepuff because of Cedric Diggory. But I support Gryffindor! Harry Potter's a really talented seeker!" she said.

A few moments later, we all assembled in the Quidditch Pitch. Rain was pouring heavily outside, causing us all to wear raincoats and bring umbrellas. The competing teams had arrived.

"Look there he is!"

"Cedric! Cedric Diggory!"

Girls from all four houses were cheering for Cedric, but he just waved politely at them. I rolled my eyes at this.

"Mount your brooms!" Madam Hooch exclaimed. All of them did exactly what Madam Hooch had said. And with a blow of her whislte — they were off!

"Go! Go! Gryffindor!" the Gryffindors and supporters cheered.

It was getting cold, I shivered as I watched Harry ride in his famous Nimbus Two Thousand.

"Go Harry!" I exclaimed.

All you could see in the pitch were umbrellas. It was the first time I've attended a Quidditch Match while raining. Thunder and lightning boomed as the match continued.

Within a few minutes, Harry had caught sight of the Snitch; Cedric was right behind him.

"Go Harry!" all of us cheered again.

Soon, Harry has soared high into the sky. It took quite a long time. All of us were waiting impatiently.

"What's taking him so long?" I heard the other Ravenclaws complaining.

But then, there was a horribly familiar wave of cold swept over the pitch.

This can't be good, I thought to myself.

Suddenly, something was falling. It was Harry! All of us were beginning to scream.

Somebody help him! I wanted to scream this out loud.

Just then, I saw Professor Dumbledore standing from his seat.

"Aresto Momentum!"

~o0o~

Harry was immediately sent to the Hospital Wing after he had took a nasty fall. We all found out that he had encountered Dementors prior to his fall. Hufflepuff had won the match.

I, along with Ron and Hermione and with a few Gryffindors were beside Harry.

"He looks a bit peaky doesn't he?" said Ron, concerned.

"Peaky?" said one of the Weasley twins. "What do you expect? He fell over a hundred feet!"

"Yeah come on Ron. Let's walk you off a tower and see what you look like." said the other.

"You two won't do such a thing!" I scolded the twins, I figured that I was starting to sound like Mrs. Weasley.

"Probably a right sight better than he normally does." Harry mumbled. We all sighed in relief once he had opened his eyes.

"How are you feeling?" Hermione asked.

"Oh brilliant." Harry replied.

"You gave us a right good scare there mate." said the twins.

"What happened?" Harry asked, reaching for his glasses which I immediately handed to him.

"Well you fell of your broom." said Ron.

"Really?" Harry said, bewildered. "I meant the match, who won?"

We all exchanged worried looks.

"No one blames you Harry," said Hermione. "The Dementors aren't supposed to be on the grounds. Dumbledore was furious. After he saved you, he sent them straight off.

"There's something you should know too Harry," Ron added. "When you fell, your broom had sort of blew into the Whomping Willow; and, well."

He didn't finish his explanation and showed Harry's broom which was in Ron's arms, it was destroyed to bits.

Harry frowned.