Chapter 18: Family Secrets

When Dru put some ice cube on my injured leg, I strained myself in pain.

"A-Ah.... Ouch! It hurts!" I said.

"Now, now, hold still..." he said.

"Ah... B-be careful!" 

When he continues to put that on my leg, I tried to apologize to him about the argument earlier.

"Um, Dru? I...."

He puts his finger on my lips to silence me and said.

"Shh, shh, shh, shh. No need to apologize. Look, I'm the one who should be sorry. I-I didn't realized that you are telling the truth."

"But... why?"

He uttered a big sigh and said,

"You know Jel, It's not your fault. I... I guess I was wrong. I'm such a failure."

"Hey, don't say that. You're not a failure. I know you know the truth about me. It's alright, I understand you. Do you trust me now?"

"Oh, well... who said I never trusted you? Yes, of course I trust you!" 

"He he... Thank you, Dru."

 The next day, still had my injury, he takes me to the cemetery to see his dad. He placed his flowers to the grave and said to me,

"This is where my dad lies." 

I noticed that he was the son of the legendary supervillain also known as 'The Bald Terror', Robert Gru. 

"So he was the son of the bald terror." I said in my thoughts.

Then he takes me underground to show his family's secret. There are so much carved sculptures  of his ancestors. Until we reached on the lair. 

"Wait, you're a villain?" I said.

"Actually, I am a supervillain. And this lair was formerly my dad's." he answered.

"All these components are complete. My goodness."

Some parts of his lair are mainly colored gold and red. Dru looked at his father's armory and he gave me his villain suit.

"This one's belongs to your dad. Why did you gave this?" I asked him.

"I know you have the potential to do that fighting skills, so I gave you this as a gift of gratitude. Yet you saved me before and I owe you my life for that." he said.

"W-wow, geez.... That was unexpected." 

"Now Jel, leave this a secret for us, okay?"

"Okay, I promise. Friends?"

As I showed my hand as an agreement between me and him, he said to me as I shaked my hand,

"Yes, of course. Friends never say die."