Chapter uNo

"I'd like a Northern Light Medium Latte with caramel, please," I ordered into the speaker.

"All right, please head to the next window," A kind voice said.

"Thanks!" I said back, and drove further through the drive through.

"A WE BOM BOM BA WEEEEE," Lafayette screeched in the back of the car.

"IN THE JUNGLE THE MIGHTY JUNGLE THE LION SLEEPS TONIGHT," Hercules sang with the Schuyler sisters.

"A wim ba we, a wim ba we, a wim ba we," Lafayette sang in the background.

"IN THE JUNGLE THE MIGHTY JUNGLE THE LION SLEEPS TONIGHT," They sang.

"AH WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE," They all shouted together.

"Will you guys shut it?" I asked. "You're acting like middle schoolers."

"Remember when we got the entire cafeteria to sing that song in middle school?" Angelica said.

"The teachers where pissed," Hercules laughed.

"THIS IS WHY I DON'T DRIVE ANYWHERE WITH YOU!" I complained.

I was dropping them off at their houses after school because it was Christmas break and nobody had cars. Although, I doubt the Schuyler's didn't have cars, they probably had a million and just wanted to annoy me.

I drove around a tight bend and then reached the second window.

"That'll be four thirty nine," A person said, poking their head out the window. 

I gave them a five dollar bill and told them to keep the change. Then I drove to the next window. I waited for someone to poke their head out and hand me my order, but nobody appeared. After a moment I reached my hand out of my window and knocked on the glass. 

"Hello?" I asked.

A moment later the window slid open. I almost gasped. The most handsome man to ever live was sticking his head out the window, their hair was in a complete mess, and they had some coffee stains on their shirt. I don't think they where having the best day.

"Shi-" They said and turned around quickly.

I peered through the window and saw them quickly make a latte. I found myself staring at him and quickly looked away. Nope. Shush. I said to myself before I had any weird thoughts.

"Here you, go, sorry," They said, handing me my order.

"ALEXANDER GET OVER HERE NOW, LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE!" Someone shouted from inside the building.

"Sorry, er um, Happy Christmas!" They apologized again, then sprinted away.

I hope he was okay. He sounded like he was having the worst day ever. 

"Hey, earth to John," Hercules said.

I realized I was staring through the window, trying to get another glance at him. I shook my head and drove the car forward.

"Love at first sight," Peggy joked, making kissy noises.

"Oh my god, shut up," I complained, refraining myself from blushing.

"Now can we go get some Culverssssssss?" Angelica whined.

"YES I'M GOING THERE NOW!" I drove out of the drive through for Caribou Coffee and headed across the street for the Culvers.

I drove slowly into the drive through. I saw a car with a couple reindeer plushies in the back window ahead of me. 

"What do you guys want?" I asked them, glaring through the re-view mirror.