Chapter OnCe

"Where have you been?" Someone asked me as I walked back to camp through the woods.

"I was just taking a breather," I said simply.

"Whatever," They sighed, turning around. "You will be in a scene in an hour."

"Alright," I said, continuing to walk towards my tent.

I really spent most my time in my army tent. I know it was fake, cheap fabric, but it felt like home more then my actual room. I slept out here, too. It was really cold, but I would bring out a sleeping back and a couple blankets and be wearing a snow jacket, so then the below zero weather wouldn't get to me.

I entered my tent and sat on the ground, my winter jacket was much warmer then my army uniform. No wonder the entire army was shivering to death with rags as shoes.

"Abe," Chris said, entering my tent.

"HI," I said, smiling at him. 

He was one of my true friends. I would probably never experience betrayal with him, that's why I liked him so much. 

"Ready to wear all white and be painted as white as the snow so you look like a ghost?" Chris asked.

"Heck yeah," I grinned.

"Here's your costume," He said, handing over an identical costume to m army uniform, except it was all white and light gray.

"Are they going to dye my hair?" I questioned.

"You'll have to ask them," Chris said. "Want to join me in riding horses through the fields?"

"Who would say no to that?" I laughed a bit.

~Two week long time skip brought to you by Planet Earth, please stop killing me~

Okay. Alright. I miss John. Like, a lot. Chris and I are on edge, we keep getting mad over the littlest things. Everyone here in camp is just so angry, like some strange force has overcome everyone. My fuel was the fact that I could not get in contact with John. He was available after his school hours, but I was not due to that being the time when the daylight is perfect for filming.

The past days we have been sitting around all day, and waiting until night fall to film, because that's when the next scene takes place. Night in the camp. So there's nothing for me to do, unless John skips school for me. Which I doubt he would.

The virus was everywhere. With Donald Trump doing nothing, America was not looking so great. The entire world dealt with loved ones dying, and all I could think about right now is how John might be dead. I decided to try and Skpe him. I grabbed my super crappy laptop and opened the app.

Right when I called, he picked up.

"OH MY GOD ALEX!" He yelled happily.

"Its so good to see you," I said, feeling a tear fall down my cheek. I missed his smile.

Then John broke out into a fit of coughing. I gasped.

"John are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, yeah," He said, coughing a bit still.

"Are you sick?" I asked.

"I mean... maybe, but you don't have to worry I'll be fi-" He couldn't finish his sentence, as he started coughing again.

"GO TO THE DOCTOR!" I screeched at him.

"The doctors are so busy. They can work on saving more vulnerable peoples lives, I can handle this," He said confidently.

"Are Lafayette and Hercules affected too?" I asked.

"No, I've been living in the school nurse's office with all the others," John said. "Its so terrible here, Alex! I need you!"