Chapter DiEz

(A/N Warning! There's a pretty bit argument in this chapter. Yelling, shouting, mean-ness etc. If you're not comfortable with that I advise you to skip this chapter. Also, I'm not an idiot, I know the virus started in spring, and in this story its winter. just ignore that)

The school officially called it. All online now. We still lived in our dorms, we just couldn't attend actual class. Also, I couldn't even leave my dorm without a permission slip. We had to email the main office, have someone come up, we fill out the paper they give us, they approve or decline it, and then we can leave.

Worst part is that we've got community bathrooms. They are constantly being wiped down, but some students believe its so much work just to go to the bathroom that its better just to go in a bowl and then dump it out the window. Honestly, I was probably going to start doing that too.

And then I cant even see the Schuyler's. They, living across the hall, can only see us if we all take the time to sign paperwork and meet up outside school. Its so dumb, that the Schuyler's have handing out already filled out paper work to everyone. 

All this time alone from friends was starting to kill me. I had Laf and Herc, sure, but the Schuylers where barely able to see us and I couldn't see Alexander. Oh, how I miss Alex. Hes so perfect. I just want to hold him in my arms, look into his eyes, t- I stopped my thoughts right there and went back to my Language Arts homework.

~Week long time skip brought to you by Hotel, Trivago~

I stared out my window. I could not get Alex out of my head. I wondered what he was doing right now. Filming his movie? Getting closer and closer with his actor friends? Proposing to some lucky girl? I sighed again. Suddenly I felt something hit my cheek.

"OW!" I said in shock, lifting a hand to my face.

"Stop sighing!" Lafayette said angrily. "Your making everyone here feel more depressed then they are!"

"Well, I'm sorry then. Its not my fault I cant see anyone anymore!" I shot back.

"You can see US! You can see the Schuyler's when you want to! Stop being one of those people who sit around and do nothing! We are all struggling through something right know and your making it worse!" Lafayette said.

"I can see YOU GUYS ANYTIME I want to! But I cant see who I WANT to see!" I shouted.

"AND WHO IS THAT?" Lafayette roared. 

"ALEXANDER!" I shouted.

"OH, SO THE GUY YOU BARELY KNOW IS WORTH MORE OT YOU THEN US?" Lafayette said angrily.

"Guys, stop," Hercules said, coming over to us. "We are all on edge right now, calm down."

"YOU NEED TO UN-CALM DOWN! WE ARE IN A PANDEMIC! WE CANT SEE OUR FAMILIES WHO ARE DYING!" I roared.

"Don't take this out on him!" Lafayette said.

"MY FAMILY IS DYING! I CANT SEE THE PERSON I LOVE! AND YOU GUYS SIT AROUND LIKE ITS NOTHING, ASKING ME TO PUT ON A HAPPIER VIBE SO YOU CAN FEEL GOOD ABOUT YOURSELVES!" I said, tears streaking down my face.

"The person you love?" Hercules asked.

"I AM WORRIED! I WORRY ABOUT THE ONES I LOVE EVERY DAY! I WORRY FOR YOUR FAMILY, I WORRY FOR HERC'S FAMILY!" Lafayette shouted at the same time Hercules talked.

"MY FAMILY IS DYING AND YOU THINK I SHOULD SIT AROUND, SMILING, NOT CARING AT ALL!? YOU WANT ME TO LOOK HAPPY SO YOU CAN FEEL HAPPY?! ITS NOT THIS PERFECT FANTASY FOR EVERYONE!" I shouted, more tears streaming down my cheeks.

"THAT'S NOT WHAT I SAID!" Lafayette yelled.

I turned away from them, and stomped towards the door. I don't care about stupid permission slips, I was going to go to a freaking Caribou Coffee. Nothing was going to stop me. I grabbed my jacket, hanging on a coat rack near the door, and put it on. Then I opened the door, walked outside, and slammed it with as much force as I could behind me.