Chapter dOs

I drove away to the McDonalds Parking lot and parked in an open spot. I handed everyone their meals, and we settled down to eat.

"That poor drive through cashier worker guy," Peggy said sympathetically.

"I work at a fast food place, so I know what it feels like," I pitched in, feeling really bad for the guy.

"You seemed to really like staring into his eyes," Hercules joked through a mouth full of happy meal.

"Shut it, its not like I'm ever going to see him again anyway," I said, taking a bite of my burger I stole from Hercules in exchange for the happy meal.

"I thought that at the coffee place, and then we saw him again," Eliza pointed out.

"Yeah. Well, I doubt hes going to get fired or quit again," I said.

*~*

"I QUIT!" I shouted at the McDonald's worker.

"That's the fifth person this week," Someone sighed.

I walked outside the place and into the parking lot. People where SO ANNOYING! How do they expect me to be able to MAKE A HAPPY MEAL and TAKE AN ORDER AND CLEAN THE COUNTER TOP AT THE SAME TIME! 

I sighed walked towards a tree near some random persons car in the parking lot. I leaned against the tree, slowly sliding down it until my butt hit the snowy ground. I shivered at the base of the tree. I stared at the sky, trying to stop myself from crying. Nothing ever goes well for me.

I heard a car door shut next to me and looked over to see the same handsome guy from earlier. I sighed and put my head in my hands, rubbing my eyes.

"You alright?" They asked. 

"Yeah," I sighed, my face still in my hands.

"Do you need help?" The person asked.

"No I'm fine," I said.

"Do you want a lift somewhere?" They asked.

"I'll just get an Uber," I declined their offer.

"I work as an Uber sometimes, so I'm qualified," They said.

"Well, you already have people in your car," I pointed out, looking up at him.

"I'm dropping the off at their houses, I can come pick you up later," They offered. "I'd do it for free."

"So you don't know those people?" I asked.

"Yeah, they um, just hired me to bring them somewhere. I don't know them well," They said.

"Alright, sure, I'll wait here," I said.

"Ten minutes," The guy promised.

"Alright," I smiled.

The guy got back into the drivers seat of their car and I heard 'OoOoooOOo' noises from inside the car. I blushed slightly as they pulled out of the parking lot. I watched the car drive away for as long as I could, before it took a turn towards a large apartment building a couple blocks away.

I sighed, leaning against the tree. I looked around and  saw a plastic cup in some snow. Might as well help the environment when I can and hopefully save the world one day. I grunted to myself, standing up and walking towards the trash. I picked it up and went towards a trash can, tossing the trash inside.

I walked back over to the tree and sat back down. Ten minutes later, I saw the car pulling into the parking lot. The car parked next to me, and the guy leaned over to open the passenger seat.

"Hop in," They said.

I jumped into the car and closed the door. 

"Where would you like to go?" They asked.

I gave them my address, they looked it up on their phone and then the car started moving.

"Rough day?" The guy asked, driving out of the parking lot.

"Yeah," I laughed. "Quit at two places in one day."

"Oh, that sounds terrible," The guy said, looking through the wind shield as he spoke.

"Yeah, and I really liked working at that first place," I sighed.

We drove in silence for a while longer, then I saw my house coming into view on Wall Street. The guy parked outside my house and I got out of the car.

"Thank you for your service," I said as I stepped out.

"No problem," They said. "I hope whatever job you get next is nicer."

"Yeah, I'm about done with fast food places. I'll probably try one more, then settled for working at like a mall or something," I said, smiling at him.

"Bye," They said.

"Bye!" I replied.

They drove away down the street. I walked up to the door of my house. I opened it up with my keys, then locked it behind me and took a left to go up some stairs. I lived in a small duplex, my room mate was a jerk but sometimes we would chill and send messages to each other through the ventilation system when we where bored.

I walked up my stairs, unlocked the door at the top of the stairs with a different key, and then locked that door behind me. My home was made of three rooms. A large living room with a small dining table and a kitchen, a bathroom, and a bedroom.

Not much, but it was home. 

Living alone, it was really all I needed. I walked over towards the kitchen and opened up the small fridge. I took out a microwave ravioli meal and tossed it into the microwave. I set the time, then walked over to the small couch I had in front of a small TV. Everything was small. I plopped down on the couch and started to play on my phone. 

A couple minutes later I heard the microwave beep. I stood up and walked over. I took out my ravioli and then walked to the dinner table with two chairs and ate it. I really hoped that nice person I met earlier was having a better day, in a better house, with a family.

I sighed, grabbing my phone and walking into the other room where my bed was. I jumped up onto my bed and closed my eyes.

*~*

After I dropped the really adorable short handsome guy off, I drove away down the street. I was not used to this neighbourhood, but thanks to the power of my phone I was able to make my way over to my house. I parked the car in my drive way and walked inside.

"Home for Christmas!" I shouted into the house.

"YAY!" Someone shouted and my sister came running into the room.

Martha, James, Henry and Mary where my siblings. They all came rushing into the room.

"I have not seen you in foreveeeer," James smiled.

"College is certainly annoying," I laughed.

"Lets set up the Christmas tree!" Martha shouted excitedly.

My siblings ran away, and I followed them happily. Then I saw my father come into the room.

"John," He nodded to me.

"Father," I said coldly. I never liked my father, when my sister had come out as pansexual and was dating a girl, he had been pissed and slapped my sister in the face.

I hated him sense. My sister had been an emotional wreck, but eventually I got her together. Now she was engaged to her girlfriend, my father still thinks they broke up years ago. I ran over to go help set up the tree. I always wondered how my father could raise such kind children, but be such a pompous turd himself.

I decided not to question it, probably mom was the one raising us before she left anyway. I focused my mind on having a good Christmas. I really hope that cute guy from earlier is having a good Christmas break.