🎅2 - 𝓢𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓻𝓪 𝓚𝓾𝓼𝓪𝓴𝓪𝓫𝓮🎅

𝓢𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓻𝓪 𝓚𝓾𝓼𝓪𝓴𝓪𝓫𝓮

💚𝓗𝓮𝓵𝓹! 𝓣𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮'𝓼 𝓪 𝓯𝓲𝓻𝓮 𝓲𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓝𝓸𝓻𝓽𝓱 𝓟𝓸𝓵𝓮!💕

Twas the season to be jolly, even though the infernals just kept coming! That's what you felt like anyway since no matter where you went someone would spontaneously combust. However, this was just a part of life now as it was the way the world was since the day of The Great Disaster. This didn't mean that bills didn't need to be paid.

The festive season was always the best to get an extra part-time job to earn a little bit of extra cash whilst at University getting a degree in forensic science, as you were wanting to know the reason for why people just up and turned to flames. It was also handy that you had the ability to manipulate flames not a lot, but also being flame resistant had its perks.

People were stunned that you didn't want to be a fire soldier, but you said that if you wanted to find out the cause helping but out the fires wasn't were it was at but learning the science behind them.

That being said, you took on two part-time jobs during the break in the term, one was in the day being a happy little elf at the north pole at the Intu Shopping Centre. The other was a night time job working a bar, it wasn't great work at either but the tips at the bar were good and the day job was well it was adorable all the little kids getting excited seeing the big man and demanding sooo many presents for the man in red.

It was Christmas Eve, eve, so the shops were jam-packed and all the kids crying to see Santa before the big day. To say you were rushed off your feet was an understatement, and that was just your day job as at night you were just as busy with people's Christmas Party after parties rocking into the bar.

It felt like an ordinary day, as normal as any day could be as you got your uniform on for your shift at the makeshift North Pole. It wasn't the worst elf costume you'd seen, and it wasn't the best, but the pay was good, meaning that you didn't complain.

Stepping to the front of the queue the most adorable little girl was stood waiting nervously with her mum to meet the big man sat in his workshop waiting. "What's your name sweetie?" asking the little girl, she hid behind her mum's leg nervously.

"Oh, sorry she is a little shy, her name is Lucy," the kind blonde woman comment as you smiled.

"That's ok. Do you want to go to meet Santa Lucy?"  bending a little but not too much so onlookers could see up your skirt. All the girl did was nod her head before you giggled, leading the two females to where Santa was waiting.

As you went to open the door of the room something smelt of smoke, but it passed very quickly as you opened the door. Then you saw it, Santa sat on his chair writhing in pain as he combusted into hot flames. Without another thought on your mind, you blocked the flames coming from the now infernal from hitting the girl and her mum.

Scorching your clothing, you felt for some reason that this wasn't going to be your day as you stood your ground using your body as a shield. "Quickly run...now," glancing back the two stood there in shock, but there is only one thing you could do.

That was to protect them from the flames as you heard another elf call through their walky-talky, "Help! The North Pole is on fire...there are civilians down there," the colleague called out as you felt a hand so hot it was making even your skin tingle.