🎄10 - 𝓓𝓪𝔃𝓪𝓲 𝓞𝓼𝓪𝓶𝓾🎄

𝓓𝓪𝔃𝓪𝓲 𝓞𝓼𝓪𝓶𝓾

💙𝓞𝓱! 𝓒𝓻𝓪𝓷𝓫𝓮𝓻𝓻𝔂 𝓢𝓪𝓾𝓬𝓮...💛

𝐵𝑒𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝒾𝓈 𝓂𝑒𝓃𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝒮𝓊𝒾𝒸𝒾𝒹𝑒...𝒾𝒻 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝓌𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽𝑒𝒹 𝐵𝓊𝓃𝑔𝑜 𝒮𝓉𝓇𝒶𝓎 𝒟𝑜𝑔𝓈 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒟𝒶𝓏𝒶𝒾 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓉𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓅𝑒𝓇𝒻𝑒𝒸𝓉 𝒮𝓊𝒾𝒸𝒾𝒹𝑒. 𝐼𝓉 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝑜𝓃𝓁𝓎 𝒷𝑒 𝒶 𝓈𝓂𝒶𝓁𝓁 𝓅𝒶𝓇𝓉 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓉𝑜𝓇𝓎.

It was Christmas Eve and all through your house, nothing was stirring not even a mouse...well that was a lie. Frantically, you emptied the cupboard looking for cranberry sauce. Even though your Christmas day would be on your own, you still had a turkey and without cranberry, it was dry as an old shoe.

"Where are you...you little bastard...I know you're in here...aha!" cursing as you pulled every other condiment out but the actual one you want until at last, you found the jar. Pulling the sauce out, you looked on in horror, like a monster, you'd not thought to check the date upon the opened lid.

It was very out of date, so much so that there was a whole civilisation growing within it.

"Oh, for fuck sake!" slamming the jar on the worktop, you groaned and grumbled as you began to layer up. A thick, puffy coat, scarf, a woolly bobble hat and thick boats after all the ground was covered with a layer of snow and it was continuing to fall. It was picturesque if you really stopped to think about it. However, you were in a rage with yourself for forgetting to check you actually had the fruity bastard of a sauce.

It was getting on for about 8 pm and as you can only image the streets were pretty clear, a few last-minute shoppers such as yourself out getting the last forgotten bits. Most of them would have families at home, whereas you'd got enough food for a feast but there was just you.

After moving to the city in September, you were yet to make a friend and you had no family to speak of. It was like this every year, alone, eating leftover until the new year and then continuing to work again. Same old shit, different location.

The glow of lights from the local seven-eleven was like a beacon of hope, as you prayed to any god that would listen that there would be a ruby jar of the magic moistening sauce to sacrifice to the dry festive bird. Sure you could have beef, or chicken maybe pork but something about turkey brought back once happy memories of a family.

Quickening your pace, as the doors flew open a man in a trench coat walked out holding a can of coffee, but you'd not noticed him as you beelined for where you knew the condiments of the establishment were kept, only to be extremely disappointed by the lack of cranberry sauce.

"Shit! Bollocks! Bastard! Wanker!" grumbling as you retreat back into the cold in search of another store, like a mad man on a mission. The spar, nothing, COOP nada, then you saw a Waitrose.

Swallowing your pride, not all their products were overpriced, they did have a basic range, however, as a curse from god's that you'd access to praise a miracle upon you, they laughed in your face as the most luxury cranberry sauce sat staring on the shelf...the last jar.

Biting your lip, debating if it was actually worth the price tag that the jar currently held until your stubbornness set it. Snatching the jar off the shelf before someone came and stole your last lifeline, you went to the checkout feeling sick before you began the journey in the snow back home.