Twenty Nine

Heathens - Twenty One Pilots

"How many people will be attending?"

"The big man of the Icarus empire with two of his men, along with his son."

Yeosang hums quietly, remembering studying about this man before, "So I'm assuming it regards marketing that this meeting is about?"

The small male beside him nods back as he scribbles something on his notepad while walking down the elegant hallway alongside Yeosang, humming indifferently, "Weapon exchange, other enemies trying to get involved, etc."

Ah lovely, Yeosang's specialty is dealing with enemies.

This should be an easy meeting.

Icarus Empire always requires the family to attend the meeting, who are of age. They're very old school, royalty almost, and they want other opinions when it comes to negotiations and not just one on one with the main boss.

So yes, a family business.

That's why Yeosang couldn't help himself but twitch a smile, "Ah Hwanwoong, this meeting is about to get interesting."

The other put away his notepad and sighs, adjusting his tie, "Oh brother, feels good to have your back. Would be nice to have you more around though."

"You know why I'm not," Yeosang adjusts his blazer over his shoulders, "How's the crew?"

"Missing their leader."

Yeosang perks an eyebrow to Hwanwoong, seeing him staring ahead with a monotone expression in his eyes but of course his brother knew him better than that. Sure, they may not be siblings by blood, since Yeosang and Jeongguk's kid and Hwanwoong is Taehyung's kid, but they're as close as brothers as they can get.

That's why Yeosang doesn't really mention him often, since he'd prefer keeping him safe in the shadows, just as to what he's good at. Out there no one knows he exists, or is in any connection with the mafia family, and that was for his protection. Yeosang is the next heir, since Hwanwoong refused it and would rather much prefer being with his brother as his right hand man than run an empire.

But now Yeosang is giving up the royalty card as well, so that puts their dream to rule together at risk.

Hwanwoong doesn't blame him, he would run from the crown too if put in that position. There's hope that maybe Yeosang changes his mind in the future so that's why things are unclear for the heir, but as for now Yeosang just wanted to find out who's after him and get the job done to end their shit already. He wants to experience life with the freedom of not being chained to this; to be a regular kid, but of course things aren't always that easy.

However, with that came abandoning his home, his connection with his family, his own crew, and.... Maybe his constant sex partner in the past.

Which thankfully he's not been so much..... Around anymore.

No, he's not dead. Very much alive.

In the crew that Yeosang use to be a leader in, Phoenix, they weren't anything big. They were just a crew that got into a lot of trouble and dealt with business whenever Yeosang was sent to do things. They were almost like a family since they grew up together, just reckless kids doing reckless decisions.

So that guy Yeosang.... Fucked around with when he use to be into that before, was also part of it. He still is, the tattoo on his shoulder blade speaks for itself of his oath to his crew, but he went for a break after Yeosang's little.... Runaway tantrum.

Maybe Yeosang should've not been so cruel during that time.

Well after Yeosang left, Hwanwoong was in charge of the crew but of course it's not the same.

So Yeosang stops in his steps and gently takes his brother's arm, stopping him. Hwanwoong stops and let's out a heavy breath, facing Yeosang with his still monotone face.

"You're their leader too."

"Not like you," Hwanwoong says as he removes his arm from his hand, "Look.... I get not wanting to be part of this but..... Don't abandon us."

Yeosang frowns and rubs his neck, feeling annoyed from the turtle neck on his neck, "I was not well..... I thought I had to leave everything and everyone behind to start a new life for me-"

"We are not like this!" Hwanwoong snaps now, his frown deepening while motioning a hand to their surroundings as his point, "Phoenix was a way to distract us from all of this! From our shitty lives and.... Be able to rely on each other as friends and family. How blood is not always thicker than water," And he pauses, taking a breath to calm himself down, "Just.... Come back.... Please."

It's clear that Yeosang's absences has effected his brother, but Hwanwoong was also less emotional than Yeosang. Well, he tried not to demonstrate it at least. So when he does show a genuine emotion at all, it's quite serious.

Just like now.

Truth is.... Yeosang does miss his crew. Even if they did a lot of shit together, he did bring together one of the most youngest and toughest minds of Seoul together. With different backgrounds and skills, able to find someone with a snap of their fingers and definitely have interesting ways of torture.

This whole time Yeosang has been doing this all wrong. Trying to do it alone to find his stalker, but he could use the help of Phoenix and have a more set advantage.

Hm.... Guess it's time to stop running away.

And good thing he's back home too so he can go to their headquarters after the meeting.

So with a small smile, Yeosang pats Hwanwoong's back with a small smile, "Yeah...... Guess I need you guys after all."

The most brightest smile Yeosang has ever seen formed Hwanwoong's face, where he knew he made his brother happy without a doubt.

Sincerely and truly happy.

________________________
A/N:
Hehehehe

Guess

Yeosang is going back to his crew again. This should be an interesting reunion lol

Any thoughts on Yeosang past kinda- not -really lover?

If you've read a few of my recent stories, maybe that's a hint?

I PURPLE YOU! <33