Thirty Nine

No.1 Party Anthem - Arctic Monkeys

"He's what?"

Yeosang's fingers digs through his hair, the stress building up far more than he ever expected it would. He was filled with stress before as it is, and now after Woosung literally dropped the bomb about his recent discover, what Yeosang thought would be a weight off his shoulders the second he finds Jimin just became that the stressed add itself another block.

Marvelous.

But it's not Jimin's fault.

If anything it's Yeosang's for leaving him alone.

Woosung sighs heavily to the pair of eyes on him, looking over his clipboard of notes based on Jimin's analysis, "Sometimes when the human body goes through extreme levels of stress, the mind sometimes blocks out that memory as a defense mechanism. Almost like blocking out a trauma so the body or mind wouldn't undergo that same stress it did at that time," He explains briefly while looking back to Yeosang, his frown twitching, "Could be permanent or temporary, it all depends on him."

Yeosang only closes his eyes and takes a deep inhale, trying to brush away the way his heart tugs a bit in his chest but he only exhales heavily to try to calm himself down.

He shouldn't have ever let Jimin near him in the first place, even if he was a fucking brat and they always had a hard time being apart.

This always happens.

Anyone who steps around Yeosang always gets hurt. His parents warned him, and he didn't listen.

The next time could be more fatal than this.

"Do we have any clues on who exploded the building or car?" Wooyoung asks, trying to connect a root to Jimin's state.

Felix has a computer on his lap as he sits on the chair, twitching a frown, "I've hacked into the security system of the building based on the camera I took from the scene. I'm still figuring it out, but one thing for sure is that everyone that was in there is dead."

Everyone except Jimin.

No. That could be ridiculous if Jimin was the one who.... Did all that!

Sure he's clever with his fighting, and has skills, but murder someone like that?

No... Not Jimin.

"We should never involve civilians into this world," Soobin suddenly says, making everyone snap their eyes towards him, but his eyes only focuses on Yeosang, "Your boy nearly died and now is going through intense trauma dealing with it. Best thing to do let him continue living his normal life away from this."

Before Yeosang could even respond, Hwanwoong scoffs, "A normal life? People are after him either way now. If Yeosang lets him go now than the risk of what happened now happening again will be high risk, especially without someone looking after him."

Everyone stayed quiet, knowing thats also a very valid point.

Having Jimin away from Yeosang is out of the question. Him living a normal life is absolutely out of it too, not while Yeosang is being hunted down like a fucking animal.

But Soobin is also right, he's like this now after a single day that Yeosang wasn't by his side. A civilian shouldn't be involved in this world at all.

Who knows what could happen if Jimin is left alone once again.

"Yeosang," Woosung murmurs, catching his attention from running his fingers through his hair to look up, "Jimin needs to stay here so I can continue to check up on him. You have until then to figure out what you want to do about this situation."

And with that Woosung turns around and walks away, to which Ten instantly gleefully hops off the table and follows after his boyfriend like a magnet with an arm around his waist and leaning to his body affectionately as they leave.

Soobin grimaces with an eye roll before following out too to leave as well, getting to work on fixing up the motorbikes in case they need to use it again in the near future. Meanwhile Wooyoung and Felix knew that Yeosang needed his space, so they went to get to work on those cameras to proceed to hack it in order to have a better footage on what exactly happened.

At first Hwanwoong was going to leave, but he stops where Yeosang is leaning against the wall, twitching a frown and placing a hand on his shoulder, "We'll figure it out together, alright? Remember Phoenix is a family, we always look after one of our own."

Those words did manage to make Yeosang twitch a smile and he places his hand over his, giving him nod and watches as Hwanwoong leaves to perhaps make sure no cops are after their asses now.

Now the only ones left in this weaponry room being Yeosang and Taemin once again. Throughout this whole meeting Taemin has been quiet, just staring at the wall or ground with that familiar emotionless face as he just listens but doesn't open his mouth at all.

He knew better than to do it in a crowd at least.

So he pushes himself off the table after everyone was completely gone, standing now in front of Yeosang with hands in his pocket.

"What are you thinking?"

Yeosang snaps his eyes to him, his frown deepening as he remembers Jimin's hysterical state when he woke up. He's never seen Jimin look this scared in his life, not counting his anxiety attack after his kill; This was different.

From the Jimin he was before he left, to the one he saw standing in front of that pit of fire, and now to that traumatized man sedated in the medical room with no idea to what happened.

It's only been a day.... And this is all happening at once.

So Yeosang shrugs, grunting a bit as he leans his head back against the wall with eyes hooded now as he looks at Taemin.

"A lot of things," He whispers, shaking those thoughts to the back of his head, "Nothing is making sense."

Taemin hums back, nodding a bit before turning to take his leave but Yeosang stops him.

"What are you thinking?"

There's a moment where Taemin didn't say anything at first, more so just remained paused in his steps as though he was trying to figure out his words in his head before saying it. Howeve he then turned his body to look at Yeosang with his firm gaze.

"No man just out of causality of the world makes it out of a building filled with goons alive, especially after the building was bombed to pieces. Even less survive a car explosion too while carrying out grenade rings as though they were jewelry," He says grimly, making Yeosang doubt start to cruise in his head, "Yeah, we never involve civilians into our business, but Jimin is no civilian anymore. Stop treating him like a child who needs saving because I can guarantee you that after this blockage in his head passes, he's the one that's easily going to be saving your ass when you're in danger."

And with that being said, Taemin turns around and leaves the room without another word, now making Yeosang start to think more about what truly happened in that building.

And what the fuck happened to Jimin while being in there.

____________________
A/N:
Well......

This is going to be..... Interesting seeing how Jimin probably will interact with the rest of the Phoenix crew. Anyone you're excited to see him interact with?

I might do a character question next update so you guys can ask the characters and questions you'd like!

I PURPLE YOU! <33