05. Friends

nepenthe
(n.) something that can make you forget grief or suffering

song requests: then, now, and forever by cnblue
(this is the bands recent comeback, amazing song, I absolutely love it)
(just the slow vibe of it is amazing, so even if you don't listen to it while reading you should check it out another time)
wasted nights by one ok rock
(if you want a more up beat song)
~

It was currently the next morning; everyone was awake and preparing to make breakfast together. Well mostly everyone.

Sunoo and Niki were fooling around with one another, Jay was arguing with Jungwon on who's doing the preparations properly. Jake was zoning out. It was a mess pretty much, but Yeona didn't care honestly. She loved the feeling. It was a fun, bright, and playful atmosphere and she loved it. It wasn't just a warm feeling, it also helped her mind ease away from upsetting thoughts. She could forget about it for now at least.

"If you two keep bickering nothing will get done." Heeseung shoved himself between the two and started things.

"Do you wanna make the pancakes with me Yeona?"

"Um I've never made them before," she scratched her head.

Of course she was a baker. A good one at that, but she never got to have those moments with the one she loved. She never learned how to make anything other then her typical bakery sweets that she was told to make.

"Don't worry about that, I'll show you how." Heeseung handed her a apron.

"Well if you don't want to do that, you can help me Yeona," Sunghoon had suggested.

"That's okay, I'll help Heeseung make the pancakes." Sunghoon gave him the side eye that only he'd notice, causing Heeseung to chuckle.

It took her a couple tries but she finally got some good pancakes that were not burnt with Heeseung helping her out.

"You did it Yeona!" He raised his hand for a high five which Yeona gave.

"How about you get the syrup from the fridge and I'll put the pancakes on the table," she nodded and went to the fridge. Looking around, not seeing any bottles of syrup.

"It's behind the jam," a hand reached from behind her and grabbed the bottle.

"Oh, thank you." She smiled at Sunghoon who handed her it.

"No problem. Now let's go eat." He grabbed her hand gently to take her to the table so they could finally eat.

"What can I put you Yeona,"

"I'll just get a pancake and a piece of turkey bacon please," she handed her plate to Jay so he can put them for her. She thanked him when he gave her plate back.

The group ate their food. Some of them chatting with one another. Yeona just ate and listened to them talk with each other.

Finishing up with eating, they began to clean up the table and kitchen of the mess and left overs. Yeona decided to help wash the dishes and kitchen with Sunghoon and Jake, the others took care with putting away the things from the table.

They were finishing up when someone's phone started to ring from the other room. Jake went to go check, coming back with the phone that had stopped ringing.