08. Christmas

heimat
(n.) a place that you can call home; a sense of belongingness, acceptance, and safety.

song request: miracles in december by exo
christmassy by the boyz
joy by nct dream
(I don't know any Christmas songs lolll, play which ever Christmassy songs you guys like)
~

The time was 8:45pm, and the group currently was getting ready to decorate the apartment together. They were getting the tree assembled so they could decorate that tomorrow evening after Yeona's morning shift.

"Let's have a competition on who can decorate the best!" Sunoo suggested.

"Oooo I like that idea, let's do it in partners. Four of us will write our names along with what part of the house they wanna decorate, and put it in a hat. The other four will pick a name out and they'll be partners." Heeseung got up to grab pens and papers.

He gave Niki, Jay, Sunghoon, and Jungwon a pen and paper so they could write down their names. They placed the paper in a hat and went around so the other could get a name.

"Okay, Sunoo who did you pick out."

"I got Niki!" He high fives the younger boy.

"Jake who did you get."

"I got Jay hyung."

"Next, Yeona." She open the paper to see the name.

"Jungwon is my partner." Jungwon jumped and ran to Yeona's side.

"That leaves me and Sunghoon as partners. Now everyone grab what they need and go to their area. Let's vote in an hour."

Everyone got up and started decorating. Yeona and Jungwon got lights, garland, streamers, and ornaments as they had picked the kitchen to decorate together.

Yeona and Jungwon joked around while throwing streamers at each other for the first couple of minutes.

"Come on, we need to beat the others. Especially Sunoo and Niki, they take stuff like this serious." He grabbed the lights and handed it to Yeona.

"Get on the counter tops, I'll help you up. You can string them around." He grabbed her hands and carefully raised her up on the counter.

"Hey." Sunghoon slightly jumped at the sudden voice in his ear.

He turned to see Heeseung right behind him, "can you not scare me like that." He groaned.

"And why are you here staring like a weirdo at Jungwon and Yeona while I'm doing all the decorating by myself over there." Sunghoon just roles his eyes while walking back.

"I wasn't staring, I was just seeing how they were decorating. I was getting ideas for us to use... stop staring at me like that." He pushed Heeseung away from him.

Heeseung just laughed, "come on hoonie, I'm not blind. I'm not gonna say anything so don't worry. Let's go finish, Jay and Jake are doing too good for my liking."

The hour has passed by and everyone has finished decorating, they currently were in the living room.

"Everyone write down who's group did best and put it in this hat." Everyone wrote down their votes and put it in the hat.