Chapter 18

TW: SUICIDE ATTEMPT

It's been days, weeks, months, years, Izuku lost count a long time ago. He's lost hope of his father saving him, and the only thing keeping him sane is the locket with a picture of him and Aizawa when he was five. He is now 15 years old, (Yes, I know in the anime hs 16, but whatever) Since Izuku turned 15 today, he was finally allowed to roam free for the first time. The reason that they allow him to go outside now is unknown to Izuku, but he assumes it's because he's broken and doesn't see the point in trying to escape anymore. He decided that since he was allowed to roam free, why not do everyone a favor? Take a leap of faith? He smiled at the thought. 

After a couple of hours of searching for the perfect building, he finally found one. He smiled as he put his earbuds on and played his depressing song playlist. He went up the stairs to the top floor and sat on the edge of the roof, humming along to his song.

Aizawa was roaming around on his day off, looking for his lost son. He was thinking about how he would've planned his birthday if he was still there with him. He smiled as tears fell down to the floor. He kept looking around though, not giving up. He then spotted a boy, sitting on the edge of the roof. He didn't like how close the boy was to fall, so he quickly dashed up the stairs onto the roof. He then noticed how familiar the boy looked, he didn't think much of it though. 

"Hey, kid. What are you doing?"

Izuku couldn't hear him. He kept humming along to his song, then suddenly stopped. "Sorry, father, or should I say Aizawa. I'm not sure I have the right to call you father after I failed to escape over these years." He smiled a bit. "Heh. Today's my final day, eh? Might as well jump now before someone finds me. Not like anyone would care though. Who would save a useless quirkless kid? No one." He paused. "Thanks, society for making me realize that I should give up on my dreams now instead of later. " He smiled once again. Got up, and took his final breath. He then leaned over, letting himself fall.

Aizawa heard everything. He couldn't take all this information in at once. He didn't have time to think through, since the kid fell off the roof. He acted fast and used his scarf to catch the kid. "He picked up the kid, who was extremely light, and brought him on top of the roof. He looked at the kid, and couldn't believe what he was seeing. 

"Izuku?.."