THE CLASH.

~ You push me down but I won't fall~

Chapter Three.

" I just don't see how that place attracted you,I mean it's going to be beautiful when the government start working on it but for now,it's dead! ". Sandra,the manager of Coker eatery said.

" Well,I feel the same way but we can make a start,the Cokers are famous and when the government learns that we're going to be on Salsa district,they'll start working on it for the eyes of media ". Tochukwu,the assistant replied.

" I explained these to the crew,I told my sister but y'all know Silver and how she likes downgrading things,am really mad at her ". Leo focused on the driving.

" You know Silver so these things shouldn't get to you ". Sandra replied.

" Are we to turn left or right? ". Leo  asked.

" I told you I will drive but you didn't listen ". Tochukwu said as Leo laughed and for that moment,his car went into a deep pothole thereby splashing mud water on a girl in denim jumpsuit who just happened to be Kimberly Peters.

" Shit!,you better apologize ". Sandra said.

" Let me come out from the ditch and I'll come out and apologize ". LEO said.

" She's waiting ". Tochukwu looked back as Kimberly crossed her arms waiting for them.

Immediately Leo came out from the car she walked to him and cleaned her muddy legs on the leg of his suit.

" What is wrong with you? ". Sandra came out from the car as Kimberly whipped her hair back to Sandra and Tochukwu.

" That was rude,we could have offered to rinse it or apologize ". Sandra said.

" Apologize?..What's the apology going to do? ". Kimberly scoffed at the lady.

" Boss,we can just make a call and this lady will be behind bars! ". Tochukwu said,he was so angry he has never seen such rude pretty girl in his entire life.

Kimberly laughed," I'll be glad to be there ".

Tochukwu brought out his iPhone dialling a number.

" Sorry ". Leo said his hands in his pocket.

" What?! ". Sandra and Tochukwu stared at him.

" Miss Am sorry for the misunderstanding ".  He said which left Kimberly in shock.

" Well....you could have done that instead of making the stupidity of your crew obvious ". Kimberly said.

" What?..Leo did you hear her? ". Tochukwu was in shock,it was so funny that he just thought this lady was pretty.

" Uh...Tochukwu,we're at fault here,I didn't come out immediately to apologize to her and we should just be calm ". Leo said.

Why was he acting like a gentleman when he didn't look like one.

" Let's just go ". Sandra eyed her walking to the car as Tochukwu shook his head and joined her.

" Do I owe you? ". Kimberly asked Leo who was still standing at her front.

" It wasn't necessary to call my crew stupid but I'll take it because it's my fault ".  He said.

" I still don't know why am here ". Kimberly walked out and crossed the road as Leo watched the lady,a loud honk brought him to reality.

" We have somewhere to be Boss ". Sandra yelled as he walked back into the car.

" Sorry ". He apologized to them.

" Was that for siding an outsider or for keeping us waiting? ". Tochukwu asked,still irritated by that girl.

" Both ".  Leo chuckled starting the engine.

" I just felt we were at fault ".

" Whatever...am starting to feel a bad vibe from Salsa district ". Sandra muttered as Leo stepped on the brake not without glancing at where the Lady entered.

Migos rap boomed from Peter's barbing salon, Peter Osakwe has been a strong shoulder for Kim to lean on and she was grateful for that.

" Baby ". Kimberly ignored Rita and hugged Peter.

" I told you not to come here ". Peter frowned,he had called earlier to inform her about her necklace that she misplaced last night only to be insulted in return.

" C'mon ". She playfully hit him," You know how much I adore that necklace ".

" And that's the only reason I called you ". He defended.

" Just apologize ". Rita said.

" He knows I don't do that,right? ". Kimberly said," And besides we've had bigger issues than this and apology never fixed it just mere hugs ".

" Well not this time ". Peter frowned.

" Okay then that means something bigger happened ". Kimberly frowned trying to guess what obviously could have happened to make Peter mad at her.

" Wait,I didn't kiss you at the party right? ". Her eyes almost fell out.

" No ". He muttered.

" Okay then what?,I didn't throw up on you did I? ".

" You threw up on another person ". Rita said.

" Then what?! ". Kimberly was already frustrated.

" Just forget it! ". Peter said.

" Forget it?..This is not how our issues end up ".

" Fine then,if this is how you're going to do it,keep up the good work,it's nice to see you act like a coward ". Kimberly was about leaving.

" Wait ".  Rita called her,what kind of friend would she be if she just sit and watch her friends end things in a rough way.

" Oh...That's right,my necklace ". Kimberly asked Peter who just opened his drawer and gave her.

" Peter am so sorry but I have to tell her ". Rita said," The thing is ". Rita turned to Kimberly.

" Hannah came here today to yell at Peter at how irresponsible you've become and it's due to his influence and all ".

" What?! ". Kimberly was infuriated,all that ran through her mind was how to bash her sister's head.

" Yeaa and I tried to tell him that Peter had quit smoking but will Hannah actually listen,it was so embarrassing to him,she even mentioned how your father died due to you know......". Hannah hoped she understood the 'you know' not wanting to get into details.

" The fuck!! ". Kimberly ran her hands through her hair.

" And knowing how Peter has lived that experience,it was sad for him,I told him to tell you what Hannah has said but he didn't want to be the reason sisters argue ". Rita concluded as Peter rolled his eyes at Rita.

" And you weren't planning to tell me? ". Kimberly moved to his side.

" To tell you what?,to give up smoking?,to be like me?...That's not me and you know it and I know that whatever I'll tell you will still end up as fight and Hannah will keep coming back here blaming me ". Peter said.

" So I should sweep all these under the carpet? ".

" Yes,if you can do that ".

" Oh....sure ". Kimberly smiled.

" Are you guys good? ". Rita asked.

" Sure ". Peter said as Rita beamed.

" I forgot to ask,did you roll on mud? ". Rita said as Peter chuckled.

" Ahhh ". Kimberly sat down putting on her necklace.

" I met some idiots on the way...". Kimberly told them about the clash that happened on her way to the Salon.

*
Kindly vote and drop a comment.
🙁😔