Chapter 1

In a world were 80% of all people have a so called Quirk, a kind of superpower that usually surfaces at the age of 4, it only was a matter of time till being a Hero, like in the comics of before the first Quirk appeared, became a thing. Of course the more people that were born with a Quirk the more the job of a Hero became advertised to the next generation. Toys, movies, posters and all kinds of merchandise turned Heroes into super stars. Because of that and the great pay some families would even go so far as to abandon their children if they didn't manifest a strong enough Quirk.

Y/n Kurokage is one of these abandoned children after his parents learned that his Quirk is, in their opinion, the exact opposite of what a Hero needs. His Quirk makes his natural presence be nigh existent, the boy could quite literally walk up to a group of people with sense enhancements and they would not notice him.

If it weren't for the fact that he cried as his parents abandoned him in Mustafu on their vacation there, Y/n would have never been picked up by a Hero who then brought him to the nearest orphanage. Why did they put him in an orphanage instead of trying to find his parents? Well the two adults made sure they would not be found even if people were to look for them.

Y/n grew up in that orphanage until he had enough from all the neglect caused by his own Quirk. He did not blame any of the caretakers there, how could he, he knew that they could not notice him until he did wish them to. Two years of being forgotten, being left out and even being ignored took their toll on the young boy and so he ran. He ran and ran until he stumbled upon a strange scene. Three boys his age were crowded around a fourth boy his age, who was crying as the other three attacked him. Y/n did not think, nor hesitate as he went to help the boy.

Blond: "Listen Deku! You think just because you stopped us from beating that idiot you are a hero? HUH?!" The very aggressive sounding blond boy said with a snarl as small firecracker like explosions errupted from his hands.

Deku: "N-no Ka-achan." The boy on the ground stuttered out. Whatever he said did not go well with the strangly named Kaachan as said boy growled in anger before trying to explode Deku. Keyword being trying, as once he went for the attack his world suddenly flipped upside down. Deku and the two lackies of the boy looked as shocked and confused as Kaachan did. That shock turned to pure panic for the blond boy as Y/n cleared his throat to get their attention shortly before he aimed a kick for the boys throat. Of course Y/n did not want to hurt the blond just scare him and so he stopped the kick short from hitting, only gently pressing the foot on Kaachand throat.

Y/n: "I would advise you to leave." Y/n said while looking at the two lackies who quickly ran away, much to Kaachans shock. "Are you going to leave once I take away my foot?" He asked Kaachan who looked very afraid, but nodded nonetheless. After he was freed he glared at Y/n and Deku.

Kaachan: "D-don't think this is other." He threatened before rushing off. Y/n turned to look at the boy they bullied and offered a hand to help him up.

Deku: "W-why would y-you help me?"

Y/n: "Why not? They did have no reason to attack you, or did they?"

Deku: "N-no... Kaachan just d-didn't like me t-trying to b-be a H-hero."

Y/n: "Why is that?" This seemed to sadden the boy as he refused to make eyecontact.

Deku: "I am Q-quirkless?" A second of silence passed.

Y/n: "So?" Deku looked up in shock and confusion. "What does your lack of Quirk have to do with you helping others?"

Deku: "No you do not understand, everyone keeps telling me that I can not be a Hero without a Quirk." Y/n sighed and sat down next to the boy.

Y/n: "Do you know what it means to be a Hero?"