PROLOGUE

"here's your espresso, ma'am."

I wiped the sweat on my forehead as I untangled the tie of my apron and fold it before putting it inside my locker.

"your shift is done?"

I looked behind me and it's yewon. She's my co-worker here in the cafe. I'm the daughter of the owner but I'm serving customers too.

"yeah, you need something?" I replied

"I bought 2 tickets for the concert tonight but my boyfriend ditched me. Are you free?"

Concert..

Years ago, I dreamed to be one of the performers. To have a concert, to make people sing and dance with my songs but... Things became chaotic and didn't fall to their right places.

" so? "she asked again when I didn't reply.

I just nodded and forced a smile. I prohibited myself to come to concerts to avoid a very dangerous feeling. The feeling of being insecure.

" okay! I'll get change and we're off to go! " she cheerfully said.

I touched my shoulder. And the question 'what if' started to run inside my head.

I'm just wearing a very simple above the knee denim skirt, a white button down short sleeves, then a black boots. I brought a small bag with my cellphone, wallet and ID's in it.

"we can bring my car, I don't ride a taxi." I told her and she just laughed.

"I know that." she answered and we went inside the car.

She's giving me details about the concert but I didn't bother listening because I don't want to lose my focus on driving. I didn't even remember that band's name.

After parking my car, we went inside and forming a line with everybody. We're so close to the entrance when I saw banners with faces.

My heart went wild when I saw familiar name written on it. A very familiar face. His pointed nose, his chiseled jaw, his bunny smile. It's been so long.

I looked at yewon who handed our tickets. She look so excited so I didn't bother telling her that I want to leave.

When we entered the stadium and it's really big. They're really the most in demand boy band right now.

I smiled bitterly as I roam my eyes around the stadium. This was my dream, to perform in a big venue, with people cheering on me.

What if I fought for my dreams. I touched my shoulder. What if I'm not reckless? What if, I rushed and tried going back to dancing?

I jumped on my place when fireworks started to explode. The crowd went wild, symbolizes that the concert will start.

"ARMY!"

7 persons came out from the stage with their back up dancers. I got goosebumps because of their charisma on stage.

My eyes looked each and everyone of them but one member caught my eyes.

He looks so matured now. He has tattoos, his jawline were defined. His eyes look so sharp and his muscles. Skip that part.

"yewon, I'll just go to the restroom." I excused without waiting her answer.

When I walked out from the crowd, and I leaned on the wall closing my eyes. I held my chest, and my heart is beating so loud.

"you didn't learn, huh? He's a bad news." I talked to my heart.

I felt bitterness. I felt insecure. Why is he on top, and I'm still here in the bottom struggling? We both dream to be an idol, but look what I am doing right now. I am managing a cafe , serving coffees to people.

My dream was so high but I ended up like this.

Where did I go wrong? I just loved.  I just dreamed to become an idol.

I spent almost an hour remembering what happened in the past. I wiped the tears flowing from my eyes. I didn't go her to feel this way, to feel insecure. I want to be happy for him, but why would I feel happy for someone who's the reason why I didn't pursue my dream? I don't want to blame him everyhting, but I can't help it.

I sent a message to yewon that I will wait for her inside the car. I won't go inside anymore. I don't want to see him, happy and successful.

I opened my phone while waiting for yewon. I scrolled over my news feed but the articles about the concert invading it so I chose to shut it down.

"hey, why didn't you watch the whole performance? They're so good!!" yewon shared while I'm driving.

I'm just staring straight to the road sharply.

"you know what? Jungkook looks so weird earlier.."

I almost stepped on the break when he mentioned that person's name I wish I didn't meet.

"he's weird because he's looking to the crowd, like looking for someone? I don't know..." she continues

"of course he need to look to the crowd. It's a concert." I answered lifelessly.

"no, you don't get it! Whatever."

I didn't answer bacause I don't want that topic to be discussed. I don't want anything that's related to him.

"Oh my God!" she screamed

I looked at her confuse.

"I left my phone, oh my God Eunbi! Let's go back!!" she panicked.

I rolled my eyes. Why does she have to be careless this time!

"you can go back there tomorrow, I'm sure that venue has its lost and found area." I answered calmly but she became hysterical so I had to go back.

It's just a phone! My God, she can buy another one.

I waited for her outside the venue. She's in panic that she even forgot to say if I'll wait for her or not so I decided to go inside to see her.

"Eunbi?" a cute voice from behind called me.

My jaw tightened when I saw who it was. Her hair is short now, she has bangs, and her cheeks were pluffy that made her cute.

But little did I know, that cute and angelic face has a dark secret.

"are you Eunbi Hwang? My schoolmate from college of performing arts?" she asked again while pointing at me.

I didn't answer her but my eyes shifted to the man who just arrived behind her.

"let's go, eunha." he coldy said.

Eunha flashed the sweetest smile and clung to his arm that made him face me.

"you still remember Eunbi right?" she asked him. "oh, how are you and your..." she pointed at my shoulder. "shoulder.."

My lips started trembling so I bit them. I looked away and saw Eunbi checking her phone.

"I.. I'm good. I'm okay. I have to go." I managed to say and started walking when someone called me.

"Eunbi.." his voice was soft and gentle but it's full of pity.

I immediately wiped the tear escaped from my eyes and continued to walk.

I held my chest when I felt a sting. Why does it hurt me? Why does it hurt when someone I thought who loved me, chooses someone else. It doesn't stop hurting.

I'm always the worst, always at the bottom, always the second choice.

It's wrong they I've met you. It's wrong running into you, with my worst situation.