11

"please watch her intently, she's experiencing depression recently and I thought you have knowledge about it already because she's your mom."

I held mom's hand while she's unconscious on her bed. The room was so silent, the beeping from the machine embraced the room.

I didn't know mom has been depressed. I thought she's recovering because she's going to work, she's smiling. I'm her daughter but I spent more time with others than my mom.

I heard the door opened and one of our housemaids entered. It was Ms. Lee, who's serving us for a almost a decade.

"here's you mom's phone, in case you want to know about what's happening
to her." she said and walked towards me to hand the phone.

"what do you mean Ms. Lee?"

I swiped the phone's screen and the message from an unregistered number appeared.

"She's been crying a lot at night since they got divorced. One time, I heard her talking to someone over the phone, I bet it's a woman." she shared while looking at mom.

He's with me every time, so why not file a divorce?

He's waiting for your decision, he wanted us to get married.

I'm pregnant with his child.

We're going to celebrate Christmas  happily, wish you the best.

I gritted my teeth after reading those messages from dad's mistress. How dare she messaged mom about what's happening in their life? She's not even bothered by the fact that she's just a mistress, she's so proud of that.

"where are they?" I asked gripping the phone so hard.

"I-I don't know, she's not telling anyone."she replied referring to mom.

I typed a message to that unregistered number.

I have his things. Can you get it for me?

I hope she will take my bait, few minutes after I sent the message she replied.

Sure, let's meet.

She sent me the place where we could meet. I got confused because she chose a place where few people come? Is it because she's a celebrity? Tss.

I drove towards the park she told me, and sat on the bench while waiting for her. I didn't bring my own phone with me, just mom's so I will be updated if she's going to come or not.

I tapped my foot on the ground, being patient. After few minutes, I heard footsteps coming. I stood up to greet the woman in her life 40's with her casual attire.

I saw her eyes widened when she saw me instead of mom, but recovered. She cleared her throat and roamed her eyes around, taking a peek behind me. Maybe she's looking for the dad's things I told told her.

"your mom cannot afford to see me so she sent her child instead?" she greeted with her chin up.

I don't  know where where did she get all the confidence.

"my mom won't come to see you because she's lying on the hospital bed." I said that made her pursed her lips.

"Oh, send my regards then. Where's his things?" she changed the topic. She's been attacked by her own conscience.

"I don't have them. If you want to get my dad's things, bring him with you."

"Why would I do that?" she laughed. "you just wasted my time kiddo." she said and turned her back against me.