Loyalty costs

Lena had noticed that Kara was not herself and after a discussion where kara put her mood down to the sale of Catco, Lena made plans to purchase the company. She walked into the signing and sat at the table opposite Cat Grant. She had seen her at events but had never really spoken to the woman but knew that she was formidable.

"So before I agree to this sale one thing is sparking my curiosity and frankly, I am not one for remaining curious. Why does the CEO of a million dollar technology company want to buy a Media dynasty"

Lena looked at Cat. She was sitting there with her brow raised and her lips pursed tapping her glasses to her lips. She was clearly used to getting her own way and Lena wondered just how much she would have to tell the woman before she would agree to the sale.

"Well I could ask why the queen of all media is willing to sell her dynasty, however in the interest of making this sale final and getting things finished I will just tell you that am buying it so that Edge can not get it, he is a direct rival of LCorp and a slippery slimy individual that will corrupt it to his own ends"

Cat waved her hand dismissively and looked at the woman, she was not impressed with the information, and did not believe that Lena was giving her the truth.

"My company is built on integrity and truth, and that Lena maybe a bonus but that is not why you are buying the company, if you can not be honest here with me then how can I trust you to maintain my legacy?"

Frustrated that the answer was not enough lena raised her brow and looked at the woman opposite her she was more than capable in joining in this power play, and could rise to the thought that Edge would do better with her legacy but she didn't she took a breath and steadied herself.

"During the Daxamite invasion I did something that hurt someone I care about, she lost someone she loved, and now the job she loves is threatened and I don't want her to lose anything else."

Cat raised her glasses to her face and placed them on, taking the contract and signing her line before handing it over to Lena, she had known that Lena filled Kara's office with flowers, that she had visited her, and that Kara was spending more and more lunches with her. She guessed the thing Kara lost was that alien she was seeing, yes she knew about it all, but she also knew that the way Kara talked about Lena on the ship there was more to it, and now Lena as well. Before she stood and left the room Cat smiled at Lena.

"You should tell her the truth you know, she cares for you deeply I don't think either of you are being fully honest, but remember that the difference between men and women, and what makes women stronger is women have the courage to be vulnerable"

Clarence continues to watch as the women dance around each other, Kara flying without her suit to save Lena when she is poisoned, followed by a realisation for Kara. As she held two halves of a plane one with Lena and the other with poison she was unable to let Lena go, Lena had begged her to let her go, she wanted to sacrifice herself for the people of National City. Kara had not been able to let her go no matter how much she asked.

Kara looked at Lena, she couldn't drop her, she loved her, no matter what she couldn't let her go. This confused Kara. She had been able to give up Mon-El she had been able to do that but she couldn't give up Lena. the words of Clark ran through her mind over and over, if it was a choice between the world and Lois he wouldn't have been able to make that sacrifice. Faced with the same choice again Kara couldn't do it, the only difference was it was Lena in there. Was it Lena she wanted to save on the ship, was it Lena that she was in love with.

"Climb Lena Climb"

Once Lena was in her grasp she pulled the woman up holding her close. She thought about telling her then and there that she was Kara, that she loved her, that she couldn't let her go. Lillian's voice rang in her mind and she just held her drifting slowly to put the chemicals and Lena on the ground safely.

Lena was confused and shaken by the incident, not so much with the plane trying to crash or her life being saved by the hero again but the way that she held her. There was something so soft about it, so tender, it made her think of Kara, the way she always protectively held on to her, she couldn't help the thoughts in her mind. Kara was not interested in her and the familiar way that Supergirl was holding her was making her think about the hero in ways that she had only ever thought about kara. The look in the hero's eyes shocked her, so much care, and love, Lena had to push all the confusion away, she didn't have room for more emotional pain. She needed to store everything in one of her boxes. She wouldn't be able to explore the feelings for either woman.

Their actions continued Lena stepping in front of Kara to protect her from mercy Graves. Kara using her powers to keep Lena safe without her knowing. Then came Lena's choice to protect Samantha, she was helping her to keep her safe to try to reverse whatever was happening, Supergirl and Lena had fought and it caused both women so much pain, even Kara, couldn't manage to reconcile the issue and she knew the truth. There were battles and fights distrust and accusations, but Lena managed to get into the DEO to help Supergirl and Sam, they used her research and her mansion to hide Ruby. Supergirl asked for a favour. Lena was not in the business of trusting people that betrayed her, she had been dating James trying to distract herself but it had not worked he had just been used against her, by supergirl. She decided that she would help her, always did, it was something that her mother had imposed on her, to help others. She made the Haronel for Supergirl to save her planet, but she kept some for herself, to see what it could do somewhere deep inside was still that little girl that wanted to cure cancer. Kara was going on assignment, she had been distant but she was there then, she was gone.

"I just miss her Alex, and I know that saying that to you it probably sounds like I am whining, after all she is your sister, but Kara she well she is my friend, I love her, and I miss her every day I wish there was a way to contact her."

Alex looked at Lena the only reason that she was talking to her really was the promise that she made to Kara, after all Kara had spoken to her, about the way she felt about Lena and that she thought that she may have ruined everything as supergirl. Kara Loved Lena Alex knew that, she was sure that her sister was in love with the woman but didn't say anything after all people need to come to their own truth in their own time. Kara making her promise to see Lena once a week had been something that was definitely more than just friendship.

"I understand Lena and I wish we could speak to her too, I Mean that is all I want to do most days too. Come on let's go get Lunch if you are all skin and bones when she gets back you know she is going to blame me"

The revelry was short lived, and soon the super was back from her trip, they had not defeated her as they thought, the fight was not over, this time there was not only supergirl and people from the future but a new Kryptonian Supergirl's mother. Finally after a lot of struggles Sam, Kara and Alex entered an alternate world, to take on Reign. Finally they defeated Reign and saved Sam, but Lena's loyalty to sam had cost her her relationship with Supergirl, to Lena it appeared that the return of Mon-El was worse than the loss, Kara was even more distant, and the super seemed to be always there.

Then came the point that everything was over, Sam and Ruby were safe, the world killers were defeated, the future people were gone, Lena hoped that things would go back to normal, but they didn't Kara was still distant, the relationship with James was now more of a irritant than a distraction, her experiments were taking shape and her life felt as it did when she arrived. Lonely.