I am on your side

Lena had been thinking about the lead dispersal unit a lot. She had managed to get it to work, and it would work with Kryptonite. That was after all how Lex had designed it, not that he could get it to work but that doesn't mean that now it worked it couldn't be used. Along with the haronel experiments she worked in the lab on a new suit, this one was protective, and only a prototype, she would need access to sensitive materials to make it fully functional for the super but she didn't think that would be anything that she would be able to have access to any time soon. The suit wasn't out of final testing yet and she would need to have the information before she could make the alterations. Lena shelved the project, wondering if the DEO or supergirl would ever give her the information that she needed to finish it.

Kara maintained distance for a while but then all of a sudden she seemed to be back, and unfortunately at the worst time. Macy Graves decided to attack LCorp. Kara was in the office when the alarms went off. Lena frantically trying to defend Kara, her heart in her throat at the thought of Kara being hurt. She was unable to contemplate a world without Kara in it.

"Kara, please just trust me, I couldn't stand it if anything happened to you, I really am the safest person to be with please just trust me"

Kara looked at Lena, should she tell her the truth? She could just go and sort this out. She heard lillian and thought about the incidents of the past few months. Lena didn't consider supergirl a friend any more, she didn't trust or like her would she hate her completely would Lillian be right.

"Lena let me go somewhere and hide, done let me slow you down, I don't want you are risk because you are trying to keep me safe"

"Kara you're safe with me and I have 5 inch heals on trust me you are not slowing me down not come one"

Clarence watched as they made their way through the building Kara using her powers in secret and Lena constantly pulling her behind her then the face off where she had Kara moved outside. The super returned and there was a little confusion but Lena was grateful, she didn't think too hard on the situation because for the first time supergirl appeared to make it clear that Lena was something more than a Luthor. There was something familiar about the way that it was said but Lena couldn't put her finger on it. Things went back to normal and then there was the call from Alex wanting help, when she heard what had happened Lena retrieved the suit without a second thought, taking it to the DEO. Lena got to work with Brainy on trying to clear the Atmosphere finally managing it with nano tech.

Supergirl went to Lena in the suit that she had made she found her working in the Lab.

"Lena I wondered if I could have a moment of your time. I just wanted to thank you for this, I wouldn't be alive if you hadn't made this, I don't know what it was created for and I am not going to ask, I just want to say thank you."

Lena looked up and smiled at her, it wasn't the smile she offered to Kara but it was genuine and given freely, Supergirl smiled back, then she realised that Lena couldn't see her face.

"It was created for you, to protect you I haven't finished it I wanted to add shielding and combat ability, like friction resistance, Aerodynamics, a way to use heat vision and arctic breath, but I haven't worked that out yet, I can help you though, may I?"

Kara nodded and stepped forward. Lena pressing a few buttons making the helmet front translucent so that she was able to see and be seen, she smiled and went back to work. As she was leaving Kara looked back.

"Thank you Lena I didn't like feeling shut in, it reminds me of being trapped"

Kara had been missing in action again Lena only seeing her at Thanksgiving and even then the relationship was different. Kara had struggled with thanksgiving, not because she was jealous, no that wasn't it, was it? She just had a lot on her mind. James had been treating Lena poorly and that made her mad. She was struggling with the agent Liberty situation, Lena had been distant, she had been busy, they had gone to the gym and as much as it hurt she had pushed Lena to talk to him sidelining herself again. She wanted to be with Lena but she had ruined it.

Lena had to help Lex when he called, she felt terrible for her actions that had gotten Adam killed but it was for the greater good and she was now trying to save Lex, she was also working for the DEO, and bizarrely getting closer to Alex, there had been something different with her and Lena noticed, she also noticed the lack of the beautiful blonde. Her and James had broken up over the work at the DEO and she didn't miss him anywhere as much as she missed Kara. Then James was shot and Lena used her serum to save him. Lena was then subjected to kidnapping and being taken to her office, where Alex found her she needed to talk to Kara.

Kara's faith was unwavering and Lena was so glad that she had told her the truth. Then there was the issue with finding eve and working with the super, Lena even gave her the Kryptonite shielding.

"I know that we have not been in the best place, but don't let them get to you, you are not evil, you have not done these things and I am with you. You have my support Supergirl, I know that the last year has been hard, but I know you and I know this wasn't you, just walk tall"

They continued to work together, some times with Kara some times with the super, sometimes Alex, Lena felt completely absorbed with helping them, and she needed to she just wanted to atone for what she had done, the lives taken because of her, Lex may have been the one to cause the deaths but she was the one that gave him the ability to do so. She was also mad at herself for trusting Eve and Lex, she was so fed up with being betrayed. Everyone that she allowed in hurt her, how had her mother managed to stay so good so positive, how did Kara? They lived in this world too. On the plane to Kaznia Lena looked at Kara and smiled.

"How do you do it Kara? I am constantly trying to fight back my negative thoughts, fighting not just to give in to my Luthor Genes, trying to be better than my life dictates and I just keep getting hurt, by those closest to me. You live in this world, you have lost so much but you are always just so good"

Kara felt uncomfortable, blushing and fiddling with her sleeves. She felt guilty she was not what Lena thought she was lying to her all the time these days. And it was harder and harder, so many opportunities had been lost.

"I am not always good, I make mistakes I hurt people without meaning to, I just have hope that there is always time to make it right to apologize to make up for the things I have dont that I am not proud of."

"Supergirl apologise to me, I was actually stunned into silence for a moment, she explained and she really is sorry, she feels the pressure of the world, of humanity are on her shoulders and she tried so hard but she also says that she gets it wrong, it was not something I expected, an apology, I need to prove she didn't do this Kara, she deserves someone on her side"

Kara was all geared up on the return trip to tell Lena after all the heartfelt apology had worked once maybe telling the truth and apologising for the deception would work but Lena was not ready. The speech on the plane told her that. Kara tried to stop Lena from going to the whitehouse, but she couldn't. Supergirl was busy elsewhere. She wasn't aware that Lena was not back. She had worked out the last piece of the puzzle and was waiting for Lex.