Eyes wide open

Lena raced through the alleys the flashes of the streets filling with crowds clearly the parade was well attended, she rounded the corner to the City centre she could see the Door open and a cage wheeled out. There was someone inside, dirty, the EL crest torn from her chest, suit ripped and tattered, it was Kara. as they opened the cage she shrunk back to the back of the cage. Prodded by the guards she finally got out, hands shackled with chains glowing green, she was in pain that much was evident but she was also scared. The chains pulled as she was dragged forward, falling to her knees. Lena watched in Horror as the people, humans and Daxamites began to taunt the heroine as she tried to stand. Throwing things at her and laughing she raised her arms to protect her face.

Lena couldn't watch, why was no one helping her, why was there no one helping to free her, she was no good to anyone like this. She ran towards the fallen hero and sank to her knees in front of her. Lifting her head by the chin and brushing back the dirty blonde locks. Kara's eyes were filled with Fear, defeated and sad, scanning the woman and the crowd she was trying to pull back from the strange Raven woman, her eyes were strange, not the same, multitude of greens and yellows blending into one. It was like her eyes were made of Kryptonite itself, was this the moment that she would finally be relieved of this life this burden.

"Kara what are you doing, you need to get up, you need to fight, I still believe in you no matter how you hurt me I will always believe in you, you are the paragon of hope to everyone, you need to get up. I love you Kara. I never told you but I do Please get up you have to fight back."

"Who are you?, what is this? please get away from me, I am no one I am nothing, no one believes in me I am just a reminder that good can not win, that hope is dead, why are you taunting me? what have I done to you?, I don't know you!"

Lena's eyes were wide looking at her, her fear of confusion, and the complete lack of recognition of who Lena was. It would hurt her, to have been relegated to the side lines, to love Kara from afar no longer a part of her life would have been painful, to give into her Luthor side and go after her because she caused her pain, would have destroyed the woman that she had always tried to be, but this the way she was looking at her now, like she didn't know her at all. Not seeing the care in her eyes ever again, she knew Kara couldn't love her back, but to not care at all, to not fight for her as she always had, to not fight for earth to be this.

"Come on Kara, try, try to remember it's me, its Lena you are my best friend, I love you, we are best friends. Try Kara, if you can not remember me at least remember you, Kara Zorel Danvers the woman I love, Supergirl, the hero we need, Kara please"

Lena grabbed hold of Kara to hold her, to kiss her cheek, to help her remember something, anything to give her hope. Kara started to scream and tried to push Lena away, the audience laughed the guards were approaching, Lena looked around the were approaching brandishing weapons, she needed to get back she needed to get back to the real earth no matter what happened to her she had to stop this happening. She pushed through the guards and the crowds heading to the alley, she ran and ran until she couldn't any longer. The guards were still following her and she dipped into an abandoned building. Hiding below the window waiting for them to pass.

Looking around she realised that this was the building that she and Clarence were after Leaving the Bar. Lena sank to her knees and started to cry, holding her head in her hands. Images of her friends running through her mind, Jonn was dead, Alex was a cyborg, Nia was nowhere to be seen, Brainy and his future was uncertain, Ruby dead, Sam lost, her twisted family still using people only now it was for the greater good, James recruiting for them taking people to be turned into weapons, Kelly from James expression was gone and Kara, her beloved Kara was broken, powerless, humiliated it was too much for Lena to bare.

"Clarence where are you, Please Clarence, oh what have I done, God help me, please, Clarence I want to be alive I want to have lived I didn't want this, I don't care what happens to me, just put me back, let them be happy, stop this. Clarence I am sorry Please help me Please"

Lena continued to cry into her own arms and waited. She didn't expect that anyone would listen that she would be heard, she may have had an impact but she knew that no one cared for her the events that led to this had shown her that. There was a noise outside and Lena held her breath as the door creaked open, Lena standing put up her fists ready to fight as Alex stepped in through the door.

"Alex stay back, unless you want another punch in the face, I am not going back with you I am not going to become a pawn in whatever you have planned"

Alex looked at Lena, she was bleeding, she was talking nonsense. Alex rubbed the back of her neck as she looked at Lena. she wondered what had happened since she left earlier, it hadn't been that long, and what the hell was she talking about Lena didn't punch her.

"Lena what are you talking about, your bleeding, are you alright? Everyone has been worrying about you, we have all been out looking for you, we are going to meet back at Kara's to regroup, hoping that someone will have brought you back with them for Christmas dinner."

Lena raised her hand to her head and touched the spot where she had hit it against the wall earlier, rummaging through her bag she found the gift, smiling Lena put it back into her bag rushing forward she pulled Alex into a hug Kissing her cheek and laughing.

"I love you Alex, you crazy stubborn, kick ass DEO director, Merry Christmas"

Lena ran through the city, crying out I love you National City, I love you CATCO, I Love you LCorp, spotting her mother getting into a Car she smiled.

"Merry Christmas Mother"

Watching her daughter running past towards her Little Aliens Flat.

"Thats it Lena run back to Kara, there is a surprise waiting for you there, YOU WILL SEE THINGS MY WAY SOON ENOUGH"