Conversations with the Devil

Lena walked into her Mother office, she didn't want to be here but after her failed attempt at talking to the head of the television station, hoping that Edwin Johnson who sat on her board would see reason, she had nowhere else to go. It was clear now that Johnson was one of the board members still loyal to her mother, and only Lillian would be able to convince him not to do this.

"Lena to what do I owe this delightful pleasure of your company? A visit on Christmas day it is almost like you have finally come to the understanding that I do Love you and you want to spend the holidays with your family"

Lillian's somewhat psychotic smirk gracing her lips as she spoke to her, Lena raised a brow and looked at her mother now standing tall behind her desk, impeccably dressed and classically beautiful mocking Lena.

"Mother I need some help, I misplaced a very important thumb drive today, it was one of Lex's and it has fallen into the hands of Edwin Johnson who plans on broadcasting it to the world on the news. I need your help to get it back."

"You lost it? That was careless of you Lena, what is on this thumb drive?"

Lena shifted awkwardly on the chair. She wasn't sure what was on the thumb drive, she knew it was a download of Lex's computer, that there was information on Kara and her secret but she didn't know what else.

"Mother, it was Lex's it had everything he knew about the supers on there and whatever else was stored on his computer, there could be some dangerous stuff on there, weapons, schematics for the suit, portals anything I do not know I didn't look at it"

Lillian looked at her, she had made sure that there was nothing on that drive other than the super secret before she gave it over making sure the Luthor name was not damaged, she had a little video added of Lena talking, telling the world that aliens were a threat, that their anonymity allows them to do as they wish, which is why the world needed to know that Kara Danvers was Supergirl. All of Lex's research was taken and added to her server.

"So this is about to show the world that little Kara Danvers is Supergirl, oh yes I know I have for a long time, the question is how if you know this are you still trying to protect her, she lied to you, betrayed you, killed your brother, she doesn't trust you, she is manipulating you she had always"

Lena looked at her she knew that Lillian knew, Kara had told her when she finally told her the truth at the award ceremony, she knew of course Lex had traumatised her with that information and she had planned to out her too, but she had told her the truth and it gave her pause.

"Don't try that mother, Lex already tried when he showed me the video, the only way I don't end up like him is if I forgive her and allow my friends to stay in my life, Luthors do not do well in isolation. Now please mother will you help me get it back."

"Look what this friendship this love has done Lena, it has made you weak, look at you begging for me to help, but not to help you but an alien. Everything I have ever done was for my children, she took Lex and she is destroying you. This time I am going to sit back and do nothing, it's time the world learned the truth"

Lena looked at her, was this some kind of sick joke, she had never helped Lena, even her son she treated appallingly even if it was better than lena had been treated herself. She shook her head and then looked back to her mother.