A World without Lena

Lena looked at the older man and raised her brow, she had no idea what he was rambling about, the poor thing must have been hit harder than she originally thought, he had been babbling about angels, wings and people crying out to help her, if that wasn't bad enough he was now rambling about a world where she was never born.

"I don't know about you Clarence, but I need a drink"

She looked at the street sign and realised that she was close to the alien bar, she decided that was a good place as any to have a drink. She started to walk down the alley and headed to the grey door, it was scorched and lena paused, she wasn't sure that it was a good idea to go in, but she figured since she didnt care if she lived or died it wouldn't make much of a difference. Pushing open the door to a darkened bar Lena looked around confused, as she moved in further.

"What the hell I am sure this is the right place, the bar was here just a moment ago I am sure of it"

Clarence looked at Lena and shrugged.

"The alien bar no longer exists, it was never rebuilt there are many other bars, but i dont think a drink is what you need.

There was rustling and she spun to look at where the noise was coming from. Clarence followed behind as she entered further into the bar. She saw people huddled together in the corner, humans, she squinted and could see James Olsen.

"James? What are you doing here? I thought you were headed back to Metropolis? What happened here?"

James moved forward slightly and grabbed the woman speaking and pulled her to the floor, was she insane talking so loud like she owned the place, like she wasn't in danger here, what was her problem and how did she know who he was, this was all he needed right now. Some old fan of who he used to be causing a lot of noise and alerting them to his presence. He was doing all he could to get the people out of the city, to a place where they could help in the fight. He hated bringing poor souls to the Luthors, he knew what would happen to them. All in the name of freedom, hope his hope was gone but he still continued to work for them. Gathering people in the city and getting them to Lillian, modified they would be pawns, but the Luthors they were humanity's only hope.

"You know he doesn't know who you are Lena you have never been born remember, you need to get out of here you don't want to go where he is going, and well you have other things to be doing. After all, you wanted a world where you were not born somewhere that all your mistakes were not made."

James and Lena both looked at the man standing rambling, he was clearly unhinged and he would be no use to the Luthors, James wouldn't be taking any dead weight with him. Lena was moving from the floor, she had no intention of sitting on a dirty bar floor with James Olsen. As she tried to get up James grabbed her.

"I don't know who you are but you are young and healthy unlike your friend here, you will make a good soldier, for the true man of tomorrows army, you're coming with me."

"James what are you doing? Where is Kara? Kelly? What Army? What are you doing?"

Bile raised in James throat at the mention of the sister he had lost and the fallen hero, who was this woman and how did she know his sister. James didn't like this at all, was she a white Martian maybe he had heard that some had survived. Lillian would be very happy to see that, she had wanted a strong Alien for her latest experiment.

"I don't know who you are Lady but I am telling you now, don't talk to me about things or people you don't know, I can just as easily take you to the camp unconscious"

"James, what are you talking about? It is me, Lena, I know everyone you know James, we are all friends. Where is Alex, Jonn, Nia and Brainy I need to find out what is going on here, this isn't right"

James eyes narrowed as he gripped her harder shaking her who was she this woman, if she was a Martian she would know these people had no place in his life, if she really knew him she would know that.

"You don't know me and I have no idea who you are but if you know Alex you may just be more valuable than I thought, if you know her then you are with the humans fighting against us, siding with the traitor"

"James what has happened to you, Alex is your friend, she is no traitor she is the director of the DEO, she is a hero"

James Laughed, it was a maniacal sound, she had known that he had difficulty with her being his boss, difficulties coming back from the Lockwood incident but this laugh sent chills down Lena's spine. Lena struggled trying to get away from James, his grip so tight on her arm trying to get away, as she struggled Clarence came closer to her, he looked at James and tried to get his hand off her. James pushed the older man away from him and he fell to the floor, standing up he took hold of the hand of the black man and bit him, loosening his grip on Lena.

"Run Lena, run"

Lena ran from the bar confused. Something was very wrong clearly she had drunk more than she thought or maybe she hadn't survived her little triss with death, but either way that was not the James Olsen that she knew. Everything was just off she needed to get to CATCO to work out what was going on. Kara would be there, there would be information and that is what she needed now, then LCorp to sort out whatever was happening. James watching the woman run off wrestled his hand from the man and tackled him to the floor. He was about to punch him in the face and the older man put his hands up and started to call out.

"Michael, Michael help, please a little help"

The man vanished and James was left scrambling with papers on the floor looking at his empty hands.