Ruby's confession

Ruby had looked all over the elevator, then started on the entrance to Kara's place, she hadn't been in half the locations that she looked but she just kept looking, scouring the streets looking for the drive, then the coffee shop. She checked everywhere there, she hadn't been in the back of the shop but she looked, she just wanted to look everywhere that she could have dropped it, anywhere it could have been kicked, she spoke to each of the attendants, she went to the subway and started looking around, she needed to find it, she searched train after train and nothing spoke to guards, policemen the people at the turnstyle. Eventually she drifted back to LCorp searching the lobby and the elevator, everywhere she could think of to find it. As the panic started to rise it became harder and harder for her to focus. She couldn't think she couldn't work out what she had done with it.

Lena wasn't in her office Ruby slipped inside and started searching, when the door opened Ruby was pulling cousins off the couch and crying uncontrollably. Lena walked in to see ruby there, she had nipped off to change, now wearing her black pinstriped suit with a green silk blouse, she had decided to find something a little more christmassy. She was confused at the sight that she could see.

"Ruby? I thought that you were going to Kara's place? What is the matter?"

Ruby looked up at the calling of her name tears streaking down her face and her breathing as out of control as her heart. She tried to speak a couple of times only to be cut off by the lack of oxygen.

"Ruby please calm down, look sit breath and then talk to me whatever it is we can work on it. We can figure this out."

Clutching to Lena, Ruby continued to sob. Eventually she managed to calm herself enough to speak, moving back from Lena Ruby looked at her hands as she was ringing them together she started to explain.

"I did I went to the underground and then headed to noonans, I missed it and they have the best sticky buns I wanted to get some for me and aunt Kara and then I arrived at the door. When I, when I got there I went to get the stuff you asked me to give her and well I couldn't find it. The drive I lost, I don't know what I did with it."

Lena looked at her horrified, that drive had seriously damaging information on it. She knew the video was daming enough but if any of Lex's inventions got into the wrong hands they would have everything they needed to hurt or maybe even Kill Kara, she had enough people that wanted to hurt her, Aleiens, humans, criminals or all kinds even the government wanted to control her and there would be everything they needed on there, not to mention the identity of Kara Danvers, Eliza, Alex everyone she cared for would be at risk it was such a dangerous thing, why oh why had she given it to Ruby.

"Oh god, Ruby, that is a very dangerous thumb drive, it could ruin lives and cause harm, where did you go what did you do i need to know everything"

Lena sat down and mapped everything out, the one thing that Ruby couldn't remember under this pressure was Lillian, she had given the magazine to her but she couldn't remember it. She remembered bumping into her and leaving LCorp, Lillian had been mean she remembered that, but her actions were escaping her memory. Once the timeline was finished Lena and ruby headed out. Checking everywhere that the drive could have fallen on the way to the subway. Lena spoke to the manager of the station, asking how many trains service the line, there were too many to search them all, she paid him a considerable amount to have each conductor search for the drive on each of the trains. She even promised a healthy reward for the return. Heading then to the way station she repeated the plan there getting the trains searched, nothing came of it.

"Ruby I need you to think, It is not on the trains, it is not at LCorp, the last place is Noonans. Think when did you last have it think harder this is important."

Lena was becoming quite anxious there was only Noonans, and there would have been thousands of people that used the subway, she had taken the CCTV from the stations and the way stations, that cost her, and she didn't have the time to look through it all now, but she would she needed to see if it was at Noonans.

"There is nowhere else Lena I am sorry, I didn't mean to lose it, I was so excited I think that I must have put it down, we need to look at Noonans again there may be somewhere there that I didn't check, please aunty Lena I am so sorry I just cant think I can't remember"

Lena turned her head and barked at her to try as they rushed to Noonans. Inside Ruby began frantically looking and Lena went to the supervisor to ask about CCTV with a little bonus to grease the wheels Lena had access and looked to see when Ruby entered. There was no sign of the magazine, she did not have it when she came in. Lena hung her head, it wasn't here the only way to find out when she lost it was to look at the CCTV from the subway.

"Ruby we need to go, it isn't here"

Ruby looked up and left the shop with Lena, she had a look around and spotted the park, Ruby loved to sit in the park maybe she went here Lena crossed the road and headed into the park.

"Aunty Lena I didn't go to the park I am sure I didn't, it isn't going to be there."

Lena was frantic by this time, she needed Ruby to remember, she wasn't as mad at Ruby as it appeared she should never have given her that to take with her, what had she been thinking.

"Now you're sure about where you have been or not, now, Ruby there is nothing that i can do if that gets out, by the time it is evident who has it it will be too late, they could have already sold the information the weapon your mother, superman and supergirl are all in trouble, do you not understand what you have done"

Lena was shouting at her stood in the park.

"I am not getting the blame for this, everyone is going to assume it is me, I will be imprisoned it is My drive, I am not going to prison for you, I will not watch this happen, I am not that Luthor."

Ruby started to cry and ran off from Lena, she felt terrible and tried to stop her, she ran in the direction of Kara's apartment, Lena sighed, Ruby would be better off there, she called the car and headed back to LCorp, she would watch the CCTV for Ruby entering the train see if she had it. Arriving at the office Lena sat down, she looked at her desk there was a small gift on the desk, with a note, asking Lena to please come to dinner, but if she couldn't would she at least accept the gift. Lena opened the gift, it was a small necklace with one emerald and one sapphire within a yin yang style design. Lena looked at it and held it tightly, she picked up the present for Kara and the photos, she would go, she would give her the present and warn her about what happened.