Mocking Satan

The vision follows Ruby instead of Lena which confuses Clarence but he continues to watch after all Michael said that this was important. She stepped onto the elevator and pressed the button for the lobby she traveled down reading the article and smiling as she stepped out she bumped into Lillian. Lillian glared at the child then there was recognition, this was that halfbreed of Samantha Arias.

"You should be more careful where you walk, my daughter may have a soft spot for your kind but I have no patience for Aliens no matter how human they look."

Ruby looked up at her and grinned, clearly Lillian was not in a good mood today and she may just be holding the key to why in her hand. Standing tall she looked right into the face of the matriarcal woman and smiled wider.

"What is the matter Lillian, can't stand that supergirl took down your monster son? I mean look at the article, Lex taken down by supergirl, article by Kara Danvers. Removing a crooked president, reinstated the alien amnesty act, saving hundreds of aliens, freeing them from the grip of the criminally insane Luthor. All now with new identities and jobs throughout the world living happy lives, a christmas miracle performed by the pure hearted heroine. The article up for a pulitzer no doubt, and where is Lex, not able to escape his fate, his inventions failing him, just not the genius that you thought he was huh? Foiled by a shield and suit created by Lena to protect the super from him, how does it feel to have the child that you hate to be better than the golden boy that you always adored, your just bitter because you chose the wrong side, the wong child, I pity you, filled with so much hate and what has it got you, a footnote in history, as the crazed xenaphobic mother of a maniacal psychopathic man who failed to kill both Superman and Supergirl."

Ruby laughed and rolled up the magazine slapping it into Lillian's hand.

"Here read this it may enlighten you, afterall I have my own signed copy at home"

Ruby didn't give her time to respond as she moved past her and skipped out of the building. Lillian Looked at the magazine and threw it on the floor of the elevator as it hit the floor the flash drive fell out. Lillian looked at it, it was a Luthor Corp drive one of Lex's backup drives. Bending down she looked at it picking up the drive and the magazine opening it to see Lena's message to Kara and the invitation to dinner. Lillian skrewed up the invite and rolled the magazine knowing whatever she had in her hand right now was something that she could use to get back at that flying bug that killed her son. Oh Kara would pay, Superman would pay, everyone would pay for the things that happened to her son, she didn't raise a criminal she raised a visionary and she would clear his name and prove him right.

Lillian placed the drive into her bag and walked out of the elevator to Lena's office and walked in placing her bag and coat on the couch as she approached Lena. Lena looked up and saw her mother, this was not what she wanted but she had been better, since the truth seeker since the white house. Maybe she was just there to wish her a merry christmas, she had hope but not that much.

"Good afternoon Mother, a visit on christmas day it's almost like we are a family, can I get you a drink?"

"Oh Lena, how pedestrian, isn't that the line you used last time? But it is nice to know you have at least remembered proper etiquette and have offered me a drink. I would like a scotch please after all it's the season."

Lena stood and headed to the bar in her office to pour out a drink for her mother and one for herself, although her face showed no emotion, she knew her mother well enough to know that this was not a social visit and there was something bothering her.

"What is it I can do for you today Mother? I am assuming that this is not a social call? If it is about the article I cant do anything about it, conflict of interest and all"

Lillian looked at her and she had sanctioned the article that had praised the alien that wrote it, that killed her brother. She had held on to the knowledge that Kara was supergirl saying that she would let Lena find out on her own as when she finally did it would prove to her that Kara and all her kind were no good, but clearly Lena's intelligence didn't run to seeing what was in front of her face.

"I should say that it is a conflict of interest, but history has always been written by the victor, and on this occasion that Kryptonian wrote what she wanted the world to see, that she is perfect and Lex was evil. The self righteous Kara Danvers just as arrogant as the reporter as the super flying around pretending that she is a god"

Lena looked at her mother, and raised her brow, she was trying to get under Lena's skin and it wasn't going to work, Lex already fired that gun.

"Mother everything that Kara wrote is corroborated by countless sources and is air tight I can assure you, I wouldn't have let it be published if it wasn't accurate."

Lillian realised that Lena already knew, and she was still siding with the alien, there was no anger in her voice no hurt. How long had she known, not that it mattered now her card had been plaid to no effect. She drank her scotch and looked at Lena.

"Well if you are unwilling to help me preserve the memory of your brother, then I guess I will have to find a way to do so myself. Lena you know everything I have done is for my children, and I will continue, I will not have the world see Lex this way and I will find a way to help you back to the right side of history too"

Lillian left the office taking her bag and coat, headed out of the building and then sliding into her car. Pulling out the flash drive and her Laptop she opened it up and as she saw what was on there a slow grin graced her face. Her son was a genius, everything he had invented to rid the world of aliens the blueprints to his generator and a file labeled Lena. She watched as the evidence of who the reporter was, was played over her screen and decided that she knew exactly what she would do to force a split between them. Lena being the villain, Kara losing faith in her, isolating Lena would be the key to returning her to the family, what was left of it. She took out her cell and made a call.

"I need a video made, encourage our friend to cooperate. I will send the script, in an email shortly"

She sent the Email, and then an Email to Edwin Johnson, for him to meet her at the bar, shortly after there was a video for her, and confirmation of the meeting, she downloaded the drive removing all of Lex's research and added the video, driving to a bar to meet Edwin. Sitting next to him she slid over the drive.

"Promo's and tonight, it is your lead story. I don't care who tries to pull this, you are going to run with it."

Lillian left the bar and headed to her own office, after all it was just the same as any day. The scene flashed suddenly to Ruby and she was standing at Kara door, looking through her bag in her pocket, she couldn't find the drive. Panic rose in her and she started to retrace her steps looking for the drive.