A Job well Done

Lena bit her lip, she found declarations hard enough without the audience, she looked around at all the expectant face's looking at her. They all knew the truth of how Kara and Lena felt about each other but neither one was able to admit it, Kara because of her secret, and then not being able to forgive herself for hurting the woman she loved, and Lena they knew that she didn't feel lovable, worthy or even accepted. They had both lost so much everyone willed them on.

"I am so thankful to Cat, I never wanted to hurt you or to have you or your family in danger, I love you Kara, I just want you to know that we don't have to be a Super and a Luthor we can just be Kara and Lena"

Lena looked at her pleading with her eyes for her to believe in her that she wouldn't be so cruel, not to her not to the woman she loved. She thought about her feelings towards the woman wishing that she had said something sooner and smiled tentatively, the love was visible in her eyes. J'onn hadn't meant to but Lena's thoughts were very loud and he smiled and as he moved to nudge Kara it was already too late. Seeing the feeling taking over the Emerald and Jade orbs Kara had sped forward to her taking Lena in her arms and Kissing her passionately. Lena's initial shock at the situation found her eyes wide, no hint of the in control CEO on her face. She realised what was happening and her eyes fluttered closed wrapping her arms around Kara and kissing her back just as passionately.

Eliza smiled happily that her daughter was finally with Lena, she knew that Kara had feelings for her, there were soft chuckles and cheers around the room, and Alex kissed Kelly saying that sometimes you just have to kiss the girls you want to kiss. When Kara finally drew back allowing Lena to take a breath she looked around the room at her family blushing and bit her lip.

Everyone was smiling at them, she looked to Lena who had a dazed look on her face, Lena couldn't believe that Kara had just kissed her, she couldn't help the happiness she felt smiling and holding on to Kara, she looked around to see everyone looking at them with the same happy expressions. It was almost as if their lives were not about to come crashing down around their ears.

Lena reached into her bag and took out a small box and handed it to Kara.

"I made this for you, I wanted to show you that with a little effort a super and a luthor can be together as one"

Kara drew her brows together and looked at the box opening it to reveal a small heart on a string. It was made of some kind of crystal and was engraved on each side one side had the El Crest the other side the LCorp symbol, both fitting inside the diamond shape border in the centre of the heart. Kara span the heart and the two symbols combined imbedding the LCorp symbol within the El crest.

Lena looked nervously at Kara, she wasn't sure if this would have been a cultural slight, or a fopar of some description, altering the symbol of her house to include Lena, it was a statement, it was a plea it was a hope, that they could be together, that they could be family, that Kara would understand that what Lena was meaning with the gesture was that she wanted her and Kara to be more than friends. Kara whispered EL-Mayarah, stronger together, Kara smiled and looked at Lena.

Kara's heart was filled with more love than she thought possible, she had dreamed of the day that she would be able to tell Lena the truth, how she felt and hoped that she would love her too. She had dreams of her one day becoming a Luthor-Danvers, as much as Lena hated what came with her name, it was something that Lena had worked hard to rectify it was part of who she was, it was her strength and courage, because it was the constant battle with everything around her that made her, Lena, brilliant, good, fearless. She hoped to add to her but not by taking away the name that she already had and now Lena had done the same only she did it with the heart of Kara, she accepted who she really was and was combining with her.

"I love it Lena, but it wont take any effort to watch this, hanging the heart in the window from her wind chime and stepping back the light from the setting sun caught the crystal and projected the joint symbols on the wall of her apartment. The great thing is that even in the darkest moments, although it isn't visible it is still there. It is then, at moments of darkness, when I have always held you in my heart"

Lena blushed and looked at Kara, smiling softly as she placed her hand on her face and kissed her again sweetly.

"Lets have some music, it's christmas, and it is time to celebrate, Lena is back, Sam is here with us, we have the whole family in one place, there is dinner, presents and wine"

Everyone looked at Eliza so anxious when her girls were threatened, it had all melted away with Cats' message and something about the atmosphere in the room had promoted a carefree feeling that was even affecting her. Brainy went to the Laptop to put on the music as Alex handed out glasses for wine, followed by Kelly who was filling them.

"Not to mention that Kara finally got her girl, even if we did have to scour a city for her"

Lena opened her bag to get the pictures out and there was a picture in a frame in her bag that wasn't there before she started to pull it out. Kara nudged her sister for the comment and Alex in turn bumped the tree setting off a bell on the christmas tree. Kara bounced on the balls of her feel and excitedly squealed out.

"Every time a bell rings an angel gets its wings"

Lena looked at the once broken picture of her and the danvers sister, with a small note written, "Thanks for the wings, Clarence"

Lena smiled at Kara and nodded, happily kissing her temple and looking at her lovingly.

"That's right Kara, adda boy Clarence, thank you"

The group continued to sing and dance, eating and drinking together Kara and Lena cuddled together as always, but somehow very differently on the couch.