Lex's Passing shot

Clarence winced as the gun fired twice, he had seen Lena with a gun before but she had not killed anyone, defending herself and protecting Alex from the mad man, then holding a gun to that monster edge that poisoned the children but he had not expected to see her fire. Especially not at Lex, he had been someone that she had forgiven over and over again, he was one of the reasons he had hope when supergirl and Lena had fallen out. If she had lost hope, if she had lost her ability to forgive, how would he be able to help her, to get her to believe that she deserved love. Sure Lex was killing people, he was hurting people, and he was clearly in need of some professional assistance but no one should take a life, especially their own. He watched in horror as Lex even in his dying moments did more to darken the soul of his charge. She watched as she watched the videos over and over, Kara, the woman he was so sure she loved lying to her, betraying her over and over. Clarence knew why he had been watching them the whole time but he knew Lena well now and this would break her.

"Is this it? Is this what has caused her to want to take her life, is this the last person that she can take not being what she thought, is she going to cut her off with no explanation like the others, she just needs to talk to her, she doesn't need an angle for that?"

Michael looked at Clarence, he was definitely inquisitive, how would he stay focused enough to fix what was wrong if he couldn't make it through the life of the woman in time to save her.

"Although this does have bearing on what happened today this is not the final straw this isn't the thing that causes her to get to that bleak place. Lena protects herself by shutting people out but she can't shut out herself, and when she feels she has done wrong it is too much for her. Especially when it is to someone she loves. Think about how hard she was on herself for the portal, when Adam died, Lena wants to be good, she wants to help and above all she wants to be seen as something other than a Luthor. Now please we are nearly there just have a little more patience Clarence"

Lena's heart broke as she watched the video's she looked at Lex now dead on the floor and realised that she had just killed him to protect the world from a tyrant, but he was honest about himself he manipulated and hurt Lena over and over again but at least he was honest about who he was. He truly believed that Aliens were a treat and that the supers were going to destroy him and the Luthors, and he was right. She thought that loosing Jack has caused numbness, pain and loss but this, this was ten times that, she could feel herself getting cold, shutting down, as she just stared blankly at her dead brother. Kara had manipulated her used her, she had helped her as supergirl as Kara, she had saved her home, saved her from Kryptonite and the whole time Kara was lying about who she was. She had come to her and turned her against Lillian as both Kara and supergirl, she used the persona she needed to to get her to do exactly what she wanted her to. Oh that's not a question for someone in your family to ask! Oh god Kara didn't trust her because she was a Luthor, all that the luthor name doesn't deserve Lena, be your own hero, she could manage the super being that way, but it was all Kara. Kara who said she had a beautiful heart, who said that she trusted her was the same person as the super that blew hot and cold that didn't trust her, that she had forgiven and stood behind against Lex.

The cold CEO was the Facade the real Lena brought out by Kara, now it was time Lena embraced the facade as her new truth and somehow she would have the happy version as the facade. She would protect herself she would do what no one else could, be her own family. She may be alone but she was safe with herself. She didn't lie to herself, she wished that the world was full of people unable to lie. She placed a thumb drive in the computer and downloaded the contents of it, she didn't know what she would need it for or if she did but she was going to ensure that she had everything that Lex had she would protect herself from the super, from Kara.

Lena got back to National City. She didn't know if she could do this. It was all too raw. She finally walked into Jonn's place and stood outside taking a deep breath, she entered with the wine and plastered on a smile. She sat through the evening doing her best to be the Lena that they thought she was to show that there was nothing wrong, but she was unable to really feel it. She realised looking through the room that no one noticed the difference no one realised that she was broken that she was just playing the good happy Luthor. That angered her they were supposed to be her friend they were supposed to know her but noone noticed, no once could see through the fake smile and the jokes, they just didn't pay her a thought, her brother was dead, the world knew him to be a tyrant, another black mark on her name and no one thought that she needed to be check on. No one in this group cares, it wasn't her that was acting it was all of them, pretending that they cared, they all knew the truth about Kara, she was as Lex had said all alone, a joke, a fool her anger was bubbling but at least she was feeling something.

Finding herself back at LCorp drinking in her office she slammed the glass down onto the picture frame she had placed there. She had been looking at it, her and the Danvers sisters. Alex had been there for her so much this past year, the super was vacant, Kara was missing in action for the longest time but they all came together and it felt right, looking at the picture now, the glass smashed the cracks covering their faces she realised, that her life like the picture was shattered and that was better, it was better to know the truth, she had been living in a haze in a delusional state thinking that she Lena Luthor was accepted, wanted, she knew that she was disposable and it hurt more that they had made her feel that it wasn't true.

Clarence watched as the super was hovering watching the Luthor, Lena wouldn't have known she was there, she saw Lena break the photo, and she was crying at what she was watching. She took out her phone and called her sister.

"Alex, I was right, Lena isnt ok, she is crying and drinking she had just broken the picture from thanksgiving. She is, there is, Oh Alex she is broken hurting, I need to tell her, Alex she needs the whole truth its time, I can no longer let my fear stop me doing this, she needs to know that she is trusted she is loved"

"Kara tell her, I support you and your right, Lena deserves to know the truth, it won't be easy, if you truly love her, you need to let her know all of you, once this is done maybe you can finally tell her how you feel"

"I think that is a bit much for one night Alex, when I tell her I love her I don't want it to be in the middle of breaking her heart"

"Kara , Lena is strong, she will be able to take it, she forgave supergirl, which you never thought would happen, she will forgive you, now stop delaying this and get in there, but go as Kara, you got this Kara and kelly and I are at mine if you need us ok"

Clarence watched as the blond landed in the alley and turned into Kara to go and talk to Lena. She entered the building and went up in the Elevator. Stood outside the door to Lena's office she steadied herself and took a big breath. Raising her shaking hand she knocks on the door.