Sirius on the Run

Disclaimer: I don't own anything except Nicole.

Sirius POV:

I sprint along the countryside in my dog form as I escape the Aurors after me. Even though they don't know that I'm a dog Animagus, it might not look good if I, a supposedly "mass-murderer," started walking through the country. I wonder how Coley is doing. I miss her so much.

I feel like James pining after Lily. I need to get to Hogwarts, that rat is there with Harry!! I continue running while pondering on the thoughts inside my head. Peter killed James and Lily, not me. But I gave him the means to-Sirius, shut up!! You did not kill James and Lily.

The last thing I heard from Coley was in sixth year, when she vanished. James said that she transferred back to Beauxbatons, but I don't know. I'm pretty sure it's September 1st. This means that Harry is going into Hogwarts with a Death Eater lurking around. I wonder if Moony became a professor-brain, pay attention.

I think I can see the Hogwarts Express from here, if I turned backwards. Suddenly, I feel bone-chilling cold. The cold that I have felt for twelve years without an end to my misery. My worst memories flooding my brain: James on the floor dead, Harry screaming, Peter chopping off his finger, me being locked in Azkaban, James telling me Coley had transferred and left me.

Coley's beautiful brown eyes and the fact that I'm innocent were the only things keeping me sane in that hellhole. I still love her, even after sixteen years. Why did she have to leave?

The dementors started invading the Hogwarts Express. My heart dropped as I remembered that Harry, my godson Harry, was on the Express. He was facing his worst nightmares and memories. I jumped into the water surronding the train tracks and began swimming. My powerful dog legs cut through the water as I desperately tried to reach the train before it vanished from sight. I made it luckily. I jumped onto the train's end, scrabbling with my claws to get a good handhold. I got inside the train, shook myself to get the water off of me, and went into a random compartment. One far away from the dementors. I curled up under the seats and went to sleep, dreaming of Coley and the chances of me seeing her again.

Author's Note: This chapter almost made me cry!! It was so sad! I really liked his love for Coley in this chapter. Coley, if it wasn't obvious, is Sirius's nickname for Nicole. Sirius doesn't know about Peter perving on Nicole at all. Just so you know. He would have been even more furious in the Shack if he knew.

QOTD: What is your ranking of Sirius Black; 1 being the worst and 10 being the best

AOTD: Infinity times ten. If I could get married to a fictional character, it would be a tie between Poe Dameron, Sirius Black, Tobias Eaton, or Ollie from Everything, Everything.

                          -GryffindorPadmeEaton