Remus Lupin Gets a Howler; Molly Weasley Rages

Disclaimer: I only own Nikki and Christopher McLaggen. That's it.

Nikki POV:

It was breakfast the next day. I sit next to Sirius, who anxiously is tapping his fingers on his knee. It's pretty annoying. "Will you stop that?" I hiss, grabbing onto his hand so that he can't move it. 

"Stop what?"

"Your finger-tapping. It's starting to annoy me. I know you're nervous about what my mother's going to say. But frankly, I don't care what she says; I'm still going to be dating you and in love with you. Not that Christopher Something-Or-Other. Oh, my Howler's arrived!" Everyone turns to Remus, whose breakfast has been interrupted with another Howler. He reaches for his wand. "No, Remus, open it!" I murmur under my breath. Remus sighs, puts his wand away, and opens the Howler. It flies up and forms a mouth, my mouth.

"REMUS LUPIN!!! YOUR CLASSES ARE THE BEST EVER!!! YOUR TEACHING IS THE ONLY REASON WHY I'D PASS DEFENSE AGAINST THE DARK ARTS!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR GIVING THE YOUNGER KIDS AND SOME OF THE OLDER KIDS FREE CHOCOLATE!!!! IT MAKES US FEEL SO MUCH BETTER! YOU ARE WAY BETTER THAN SNAPE, SO DON'T WORRY ABOUT YOUR FURRY LITTLE PROBLEM! IF ANYONE HAS A FURRY LITTLE PROBLEM, IT'S SIRIUS!! And yes, Sirius, I know you're listening to this Howler now." Sirius turns around, raising his eyebrow at me. I smile. "Can you prove anything?" I whisper to Sirius as the Howler continues to yell. "I'M REALLY SORRY IF I EMBARRASSED YOU IN FRONT OF EVERYONE, BUT I FEEL THAT IT NEEDS TO BE SAID. YOU ARE THE BEST DEFENSE TEACHER WE'VE EVER HAD, AND I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THANK YOU FOR YOUR TEACHING THIS PAST YEAR!!!" The Howler promptly tears itself up as everyone in the Great Hall stares at others, trying to figure out who sent the Howler. I get up from my seat, walk up to the teacher's table, and do a dramatic bow, smirking. Fred and George start clapping.

I walk back to my seat and sit down. Sirius's arm wraps around me and pulls me closer to him. "If I have a furry little problem, then you have a furry little problem," he says. "Remember, we're the same Animagus." I smirk.

Then, the door bangs open. In storms a five foot three inches tall demon. My mother. She scans the Gryffindor table and spots Sirius and I. Sirius's hand drops from my waist as I bang my head on the table. "Why?" I groan. "Why?"

"NICOLE MURIEL WEASLEY!! SIRIUS ORION BLACK!! Come with me right THIS INSTANT!!"

"Okay, okay. We're coming," I say as I get up from my seat for the second time in the past two minutes. I grab onto Sirius's arm and pull him up from his seat.

"But I want to finish my pancakes!" Sirius whines as I start walking out of the Great Hall.

"Fine, accio Sirius's pancakes!" I cry. The pancakes fly at Sirius, who catches them and begins to walk with me. He's still eating his pancakes. I follow Mum, who is furious. We enter an abandoned classroom. Mum turns and looks straight at us, arms folded and eyes blazing. I can feel Sirius walk up behind me as I stop. He's just finished his pancakes. I meet Mum's eyes with my own, brown meeting brown. Sirius's hand goes on my shoulder, comforting me. I step backwards to stand next to Sirius; we're a united front.

"SIRIUS BLACK!! GET YOUR MANGY HAND OFF OF MY DAUGHTER!! NOW!!!!!" He starts to remove his hand, trying to remain on my mother's good side. I grab Sirius's hand, squeezing it gently. "NICOLE, DID YOU HEAR WHAT I JUST SAID????"

"Yes, I did. And, unless somehow my name got changed in the instant that I took Sirius's hand, I'm not Sirius Black. Also, I can't put my hands on myself, as I'm still your daughter. Unless you're talking about Ginny."

"Nicole, you know what I mean!!"

"Yes, I do. But, I get to decide whether I want Sirius to hold my hand, and I want him to. You don't get a say in my romantic relationships."

"This," she gestures in between Sirius and I, "is not a 'romantic relationship.' This is a DISGUSTING, PEDEOPHILIC fling between someone that is almost two times your age!"

"This. Is. NOT a fling!! Sirius loves me, and I love him. I've seen his flings. They're not this."

Sirius tries to calm Mum down. "Mrs. Weasley, I love your daughter more than anything. I will always do my best to protect her and will never leave her." It doesn't work. If anything, it makes her even more angry.

"YOU TWO ARE NOT IN LOVE!!!"

"Oh yes we are! In fact, you can't do anything about it! I'm seventeen and of age! You can't tell me what to do anymore."

"Coley, that's not helping..." Sirius whispers in my ear as I see my mum's face grow even more red. Until now, I didn't believe that was possible.

"Mum, I'm old enough to make my own choices. I love you, but Sirius is my everything. He's my heart, my soul, and the reason why I breathe. I love him, always and forever." Sirius murmurs "always and forever" quietly enough so that Mum doesn't hear but I do.

"I do not support this relationship." I sigh. "But, since I don't control what you do anymore, I can't stop it." I look up, shocked. I see Sirius, out of the corner of my eye, look between Mum and I. He's probably confused that the whole debacle didn't result in someone getting hexed or cursed. Mum leaves the classroom. I turn to Sirius and smile.

"Well, that was my mum!"

"I can tell where you get your temper from," Sirius responds, smirking.

Apparently my Howler has sparked a trend in the Hogwarts population. Snape's even gotten some actual Howlers on his exposure of Remus. However, all Howlers to teachers were banned once a Howler was sent to Remus saying "he has a nice ass" and "10/10 would bang." Yikes. That has to be someone who's already graduated. Probably Nymphadora Tonks, Sirius's cousin. 

Author's Note: Did you guys like this chapter? I don't know how well I portrayed Molly Weasley. I don't know how she'd react because I don't have children of my own. If I did, I'm pretty sure I'd be able to imagine this situation and write Molly better. But anyway, how did you guys like her Howler?

QOTD: What was your favorite part of Nikki's Howler?

AOTD: I liked the part when she said, "If anyone has a furry little problem, it's Sirius!" I could picture Sirius's reaction to this.

                 -GryffindorPadmeEaton