Boggarts: 1993

Disclaimer: Nikki, just say it. "GryffindorPadmeEaton doesn't own any recognizable Harry Potter character. She just owns me." Thanks, Nikki! On with the story!

Nikki POV:

It was the first day of classes. Why do I love classes so much? I have been top of my classes every year at Hogwarts, with Percy a close second. I passed all of my OWLs with O's, which I was incredibly proud over.

I walked into my first Defense Against the Dark Arts class with Professor Lupin. Oh my god that sounds so awkward and weird. I sit front and center, holding my wand in my hand.

I smile at Remus as he walks into class. He seems to look unwell, probably because the full moon is in three days. I feel so bad for him, suffering through these pains every month! I look at the cabinet, and immediately feel déjà vu. We are doing boggarts, aren't we. I smile. At least I'm going to earn the ten house points again.

"Hello seventh year students. Today we are learning about boggarts. Does anyone know what a boggart is?" I raise my hand. "Yes, Ms. Weasley?"

"It's a shape-shifter. It can take the shape of whatever it thinks will frighten us most," I answer pleasantly, smiling.

Remus smiles back at me. "Correct!! Ten points to Gryffindor." All of the Slytherins are moaning and groaning. "Now, if there is silence, we can resume the class," Remus comments. I smirk.

Remus tells us to line up in front of the rattling cabinet. I gulp. Is my boggart going to be the same? Or has it changed? I'm just glad I'm not first.

Percy walks up to the cabinet, and Remus unlocks it. His boggart turns into a Death Eater and me. Huh. I wonder what this means. Oh. The Death Eater just Avada Kedavra'd me. That's not good. Percy uses the Riddikulus charm to change his boggart into me beating this idiotic Death Eater's ass. I smirk. Yep, I'm a badass. The line of Slytherins had just walked up. Most had pretty wimpy fears such as a fear of marshmallows, coconuts, and pink. I'm just laughing internally when I realize that I'm next. Well, this is the moment of truth.

I step up to where the blob of pink is getting tangled, the comedic part of the last person's fear. I breathe in slowly, and let it out just as slowly. Then, the boggart shifts. It's Sirius, shackled in a chair. I gasp. His mouth moves. I know what he mouthed: "I love you, Coley. Forever and always." Then a dementor swoops in.

I back away, mumbling "no" under my breath. "Oh no, no, no, no, no, no!" I watch, helpless, as the dementor starts to suck Sirius's soul from him. My knees buckle, almost sending me to the ground. "Riddikulus!!" I cry, but it doesn't work. I see Remus in the corner of my eye; that sassy werewolf has probably already figured out my secret. Remus jumps in front of me. The boggart changes to a full moon. I guess his boggart hasn't changed. He uses the Riddikulus charm and sends the boggart back into the closet.

"Ms. Gra-Weasley, can I see you after class?" Remus asks. Yep, he's already figured out my secret.

"Sure, Professor." As everyone leaves, I walk over to Percy. "Could you please get Fred and George? Tell them that we did boggarts in this lesson and that I need them." Percy agrees and leaves the classroom.

"Well, Ms. Weasley, or should I call you Ms. Granger?"

I sigh. "How did you know?"

"Well, your boggart was Sirius but not in the case that almost everyone here would suspect. Also, you look exactly alike. You were also one of my best friends for four months; I wouldn't just forget about you." I walk up to Remus and give him a hug. "I missed you, Nicolette." We break the hug.