NEWTs, Terrible Snape, and Panicking Remus

Disclaimer: I only own Nikki. If Molly Weasley tries to pair Nikki up with Christopher McLaggen, I own him too. I don't know if this will happen or not, but just in case. This will be a VERY short chapter.

Nikki POV:

I was sitting my NEWT exams. I had been writing Sirius every night for the past month. It's pretty nice having a boyfriend older than you so that you know roughly what the NEWTs are about. Sirius has helped me study throughout the exams. I'm sitting my last one now. It's Potions, one of the subjects that would help me become a Healer. I need at least an O in Charms, Transfiguration, Defense, Potions, and Herbology to become a Healer. I feel like my Potions NEWT is going well; thank God that Snape isn't grading them. If he was, I'd get a T. Biased git. I'm making the Amortentia potion now. As I chop and stir, I think of Sirius. Is he okay? Is he already soulless? No. He is not soulless. Nobody found him. I complete my potion. Calling for the examiner, he inspects my cauldron, jotting notes on his clipboard every so often.

"What do you smell in Amortentia?" Examiner Marchbanks said.

"I smell," I lean over the cauldron and sniff, "book spines, chocolate from Honeydukes, sugar, smoke, and my vanilla shampoo." It reminds me of Sirius. I inhale again, using the three scents that remind me of my boyfriend to soothe me. I then exhale, calmer. Examiner Marchbanks said that I could go, so I leave the Potions room and go to the Gryffindor common room. 

On my way there, I almost run into Snape. "Well, well, well. Ms. Weasley. How did your Potions exam go? Did you get a, hmmm, Troll, perhaps?"

"No, Professor. I think I did really well, which I'm happy about. It looked exactly like how it was supposed to look. Now, could I please go to the Gryffindor common room? I'm tired from my NEWTs."

"One last thing." He grabs my arm, yanking me into a deserted corridor. He shoves me against the wall. "Do you know where Black is?" Ouch. This position really hurts. My arm is bruising already.

"No, I don't. Now, could you please let go of me before I scream?" He lets go of my arm so fast that it's like I almost burned him. I walk away from Snape, rubbing my temples with the pads of my fingers. I finally get into the common room, and beeline straight towards one of the red, plush couches.

I collapse on the couch, drained from the day. I fall asleep the moment I collapse.

The next thing I know is Remus is running into the Common Room, shouting. "NICOLETTE!! We have to go, NOW!!!!"

"What the hell is happening, Remus? Can't you see that I was sleeping?" I'm still not awake yet.

"It's Sirius."

I gasp and jump off the couch. I'm fully awake now, and full of nervousness. "What happened?"

"Well, do you remember Peter?"

"Yeah, it's kind of hard not to."

"He's on the map."

"What the fuck? Wait... I'm pretty sure I know why. Let's go." There's no time to get ready. I sprint down to the Whomping Willow. I don't care if I get caught out after hours. It's probably around ten at night. Sirius needs me. I shift into my dog form and sprint towards the knot in the tree faster than I've ever done before. I freeze the branches, thoughts about Sirius running through my head. I transform back into my dog form once I reach the door. I hear Hermione screaming.

"WE'RE UP HERE!" Hermione screamed suddenly. "WE'RE UP HERE-SIRIUS BLACK-QUICK!" Oh no. If Hermione's there, Harry and Ron are there. Not good at all...

Harry is probably going to be attacking Sirius. I'm freaking out right now. I burst through the door and look wildly around. I see Hermione standing silently now, Ron sitting on the bed with a broken leg and a bleeding arm, and Harry with his wand pointed directly at Sirius. Crookshanks is on top of Sirius's chest, facing Harry's wand. Sirius's eyes met mine, silver connected with brown.

"Coley," Sirus murmured softly.

"Sirius!" I whispered, shocked. I started to walk towards Sirius, gradually going faster until I'm running. Crookshanks gets off of Sirius's chest, and he stands up. I gently push Harry aside, and stand in front of Sirius. My hands cup his cheeks. "You're alright." Sirius's head comes down and our lips collide. We kiss for what seems like two seconds, but actually was two minutes. Ron's shouting, Hermione's gasps, and Harry's rage doesn't penetrate the cloud of love that surrounds Sirius and I. Then, we part and give each other the biggest hug we've ever given. I want to stop time and live just in this moment, the smell of sugar and smoke in the air. But, I can't. I let go of Sirius and turn to face the Golden Trio's shock and fury.

Author's Note: Cliffhanger!! This is the first cliffhanger I've ever written in any of my stories. I was going to end the story when Remus said, "It's Sirius," but I thought it was too early. I'm pretty excited for this next chapter.

QOTD: If you could save one of the people/animals in the following three, who would you save?

 1. Sirius Black

2. Severus Snape

3. Hedwig

AOTD: Sirius

               -GryffindorPadmeEaton