Sirius's Trial and Facing Molly Weasley's Wrath

Disclaimer: I only own Nikki Weasley.

Nikki POV:

It's the day of Sirius's trial. I'm really nervous. What if the trial gets screwed up and nobody believes Sirius? I can't think these things. I apparate to the Visitor's Entrance of the Ministry, Sirius coming immediately after me. We walk into the telephone box. I spin the dial to 62442, or MAGIC on the phone rotary thing. Dad told me how to use it a while ago if I ever needed to come see him at work.

"Welcome to the Ministry of Magic. Please state your name and business."

"Nicole Weasley, daughter of Arthur Weasley in the Misuse of Muggle Artifacts Office and Sirius Black. We are here to attend the trial of Sirius Black." Two badges shoot out and we grab them, attaching the badges to our robes. I nervously glance at Sirius, whose posture is relaxed. However, his eyes are shifting around rapidly. That's something he only does when he's nervous. "Hey, it's okay. The trial will be over with soon and you'll be a free man."

"I know, Coley. I'm just... I don't want to go back to Azkaban again. Ever. Talk to me about something. Anything."

"Well, I want to be a Healer at St. Mungo's. I feel like I have a good shot. I think I aced all of my NEWTs on the subjects I need to become a Healer. Did you know that Snape told the whole school that Remus was a werewolf?"

"WHAT? When I get my hands on him..."

"Hey, hey. Calm down. We can't have you angry; that will just tell the Wizengamot that you're insane."

"Okay. Tell me more."

"Well, Remus wanted to leave because of his werewolf insecurities, you know?"

"Oh yeah, I know. I've lived with him in one dorm room for seven years."

"Luckily, Harry and Hermione talked him out of it. People have been sending him some nasty Howlers about his furry little problem. I want to do something about it. Wait, do you know how to send a Howler?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I'm going to send Remus a Howler myself." I smirk, already planning what the Howler is going to say.

"What??"

"Well, all Howlers don't have to be mean, you know. My mother once sent Ron one. But, in the Howler, she talked to my sister Ginny and congratulated her into making Gryffindor. So, if you can talk normally in a Howler, I could make him a nice one."

"That's a smart plan. How did I ever end up with you, Miss smart Head Girl?"

"I don't know. Better ask my other boyfriend." Sirius's face stretched into a comical look of disbelief. I hold my poker face for five seconds before bursting out into laughter. "I'm just messing with you," I choked out as tears streamed down my face.

"It's not that funny."

"Oh yes it is."

We finally land in the Ministry of Magic. I walk up to the man at the desk, who asks for our wands. I hand mine over and Sirius hands his over after I get him to. The man gets two papers from the machine thing. He reads mine first and then sees Sirius's name. "Sir-Sirius Bl-Black!"

I roll my eyes. "Do you know where Courtroom 10 is?"

"Yes, ma'am. It's right down the hall to the left. Fifth door on the left."

I thank him and start to walk down the hall with Sirius. His breathing becomes shallower and shallower until I can barely hear him breathing. "Sirius. You need to breathe. In, out. In, out. That's better." I find the courtroom and enter it. Sirius waits outside because apparently Fudge doesn't feel 'safe' without Aurors escorting him. Luckily, the two Aurors are Kingsley Shacklebolt (one of Sirius's friends) and Nymphadora Tonks (Sirius's first cousin once removed). The Dementors are above the chair in the middle of the room. I shiver. I sit in the front next to Remus, who smiles at me. "How are you doing with the Howlers and all?" I question as I wait for the trial to begin.