Nikki Goes Off on Professor Snape and Sirius as a Cute Doggo

Disclaimer: I own nothing except Nikki Weasley.

Nikki POV:

I am exhausted right now. The only thing I can think of is Sirius and the amount of danger he is in. I haven't slept in three days since the Fat Lady episode since my dreams feature Sirius in pain and suffering in Azkaban again. I have to go to Potions. Yippee! Note the not-at-all-obvious sarcasm dripping from that one word.

We were supposed to be making the Amortentia potion, which is a potion that smells like things you love. I'm nervous for this because it might make our (Sirius and I) relationship hard to keep secret. Do we even have a relationship anymore? I'm pretty sure we do.

Snape walks into the class, his black cape swishing behind him. "Do any of you bumbling dunderheads know what the potion Amortentia is?"

I raise my hand.

"Ms. Weasley. Let's see how your dismal Potions skills answer this." I don't get him. I got an O in my Potions OWL, and I have been first in his class all of my years at Hogwarts!

"Professor, Amortentia is the most powerful love potion in the world. It is distinctive for its mother-of-pearl sheen, and steam rises from the potion in spirals. Amortentia smells different to each person, according to what attracts them." I internally cringed when I said "Professor." He doesn't deserve the title.

"One point from Gryffindor for being an insolent know-it-all." I roll my eyes secretly so Snape doesn't see it. As I begin making my potion, I grow increasingly more nervous as the potion becomes more and more complete. I finally see the silver sheen and the spiral steam, and turn my fire off. "Ms. Weasley, what do you smell in the cauldron? Maybe some..." Great, he's going to make an underhanded reference to Sirius and make my secret even less private. "dog fur, perhaps?" (A/N: Snape knows about Sirius's Animagus form because he is smart and would get the dog-gone jokes after James saved his life from Werewolf-Remus. Since he gets the Moony part now, it seems pretty obvious that he'd understand everything else too.) I sigh and take a deep breath of my potion.

"I smell... book spines, chocolate from Honeydukes, sugar, ummm smoke, and... my vanilla shampoo." I secretly smile. For some reason, Sirius's dog form always smells like Honeydukes chocolate. It's so weird. In human form, Sirius smells like sugar and smoke, hence these smells.

"Hmmm. You will stay, Ms. Weasley." 

I can't believe it. Any Slytherin would have been let out early. "Okay, then. What should I do while I wait, oh mighty Professor?" My voice is dripping with disdainfulness. "Oh, and why do you think that my greatest love is dog fur? I mean, sure I like dogs. But why dog fur?"

"Do you really want me to answer that?"

"I don't think you really would. Didn't Professor Dumbledore tell you that, and I quote, 'I do not believe a single person inside this castle would have helped Black enter it?' Well, he's not going to be happy at finding out you are accusing random students."

"Well, I think that your potion would smell like dog fur because you-"

"Okay, I'm leaving now. Bye. Peace out. Oh, and by the way, who let the dogs out?" That is from a Muggle song. It seems pretty funny because Sirius is a dog, and he is out of Azkaban.

"Detention, Ms. Weasley!" I smirk, making a mental note to ask Fred and George to get me out of it.

I clean up my cauldron, grab my bag, and walk to the Black Lake. Or as Sirius would call it, the Me Lake. We have a special spot together. We always would sit below a tree, far enough away from the lake that the Great Squid wouldn't drench us.